Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's a shame. How stupid people can be?
Well, I think you can fix most with a good paint.
Hope it'll work.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the tail piece is cracked an a couple of the front pieces feel loose so I'm guessing the tabs that hold them together are broken.. Also feeling a lot of vibration in the left grip that I don't remember being there before.. Makes my hand go numb pretty fast.. Not sure what that could be

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
is that just from a standing drop? Those marks look like it went for a little slide
Right? I've dropped older bikes with aging, brittle plastic and it didn't look like that. I've dropped newer bikes as well and the scratch pattern didn't look like at either.

Sorry to hear about your drop though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Someone knocked it down in the middle of the night so I'm not exactly sure what happened.. I just found it laying on its side in the morning .. It was on a cement walkway with some hard dirt on both sides of the walkway.. I found it halfway in the dirt

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Someone also knocked it down again on its other side later that night so it seems to be some kind targeted attack.. Not sure why someone would do this though

·
Registered
75 Posts
Someone also knocked it down again on its other side later that night so it seems to be some kind targeted attack.. Not sure why someone would do this though
Too me it sounds like someone was trying to steal it, but ended up bailing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I hate hearing about things like this. Could have happened for a number of reasons, but regardless, the damage is done.

Do you have any storage alternatives? I know having it out on the street can be really convenient, but you are most susceptible to things like this with your bike exposed like that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I feel sad looking at this image

Have you installed frame sliders on your bike?
No I never put any sliders on it
I hate hearing about things like this. Could have happened for a number of reasons, but regardless, the damage is done.

Do you have any storage alternatives? I know having it out on the street can be really convenient, but you are most susceptible to things like this with your bike exposed like that.
Yea I've moved it to a different location now.. I was only staying at this spot temporarily after a recent falling out with my sons mother.. The spot is not in the best of areas an I shouldn't of left it out unsupervised but like you said it was convenient

·
Registered
732 Posts
I feel your pain. Dude, the same thing happened to me the other night. I am not sure if it was the heavy wind that caught my bike cover or if some asshat kicked it over or incompetent driver hit it over. Due to alternate side parking in New York and here specifically, Brooklyn, I have to put it on different sides depending on the day of the week. I put it at the end of the street due to constantly changing parking spots because otherwise it might end up tight between cars causing it to be a prime target for some no=parallel parking dumb ass, which I see all too often.

This brings me to an aside. People really suck at driving. I see more and more people mortified while parallel parking and taking either 10 minutes to parallel park or need like 2 ground guides. If you need driver assisted parking like in newer cars, you shouldn't be driving. I am a big proponent of more stringent licensing in the US. Better instruction, harder exams (what a joke they are), and tiered licenses. SOme people have no business driving a Suburban or riding a Hayabusa.

Anyway, I have a Scorpio alarm. I got a shock alert to my phone via text and email and then a perimeter alert, so it leads me to believe either a car hit it fast or the wind knocked it over otherwise, I would have gotten the alerts in reverse. My bar ends got scratched. Luckily I have Vagabond frame sliders, and Woodcraft swingarm sliders spools which took the brunt of the damage even with the cover. They got a little scratching along with the bar end. The main damage was to my rearset footpeg. I have Tyga rearsets, which are aluminum. The footpeg has a little slider end cap which got scuffed, but the screw that anchors it got bent so it is no longer concentric to the footpeg and the footpeg is no longer perpendicular to the bike. Already have replacement and backup rearset parts on the way from HardRacing! That is something to note here: you might want to order backup replacement footpeg parts if you have fixed peg reatsets like me. On a trip where you might lose a footpeg and can no longer brake or shift you're screwed. It'd be prudent to pack backup replacement parts!

As I have to change sides and I lock it to the sign, I had it angled on the down slope on the non kickstand side which I shouldn't have done. I should always keep it on the kickstand side towards the slope. It just means I have to anchor the front wheel to the sign post on one side and on the rear wheel on the other side to accommodate keeping the kickstand on the down slope side. Whatever wheel is not anchored, I put a Xena xx6 caliper lock on. So I had minimal damage. IN all, I had a Dowco cover, swingarm slider spools, frame sliders, and a Scorpio Ride/Secure alarm, which is awesome. Not only does it record rides and data, it has a perimeter alarm, shock alarm, GPS unit, and siren. Maybe my security is over kill, but better to be safe than sorry. My buddies bike was stolen a few months back. I have a Kryptonite U lock with a cable, and a Xena xx6 as I mentioned before with a U clip and cable. The Xena locks on the caliper, and I wrap the attached cable through the wheel.

The asshat parking police give you tickets occasionally if you park on the sidewalk. They're really wide on my street and there are scooters and bikes all over. However, I've also had assholes throw cigarettes out of apartment windows and they've landed on my old iaggio scooter and over and burned it in spots. So it's like you can't win for losing. People are such worthless pieces of **** now. Seriously. I have no hope for humanity. People aren't even equipped emotionally when their girlfriend breaks up with them or get into a road rage argument, and end up killing someone. It's ridiculous. Car keyers, and bike kicker over fuckheads are right up there with the biggest scum of the world.

Anyway, I'd highly recommend getting a lot of the stuff I have including a Scorpio. It'll cost you as it did me, but total cost of ownership for a bike is not cheap as the uninitiated soon learn. Insurance, part upgrades, locks + alarms, action cameras, gear and armor add up something fierce! I am debating whether to start paying the $150 a month for the 24 garage around the block full time, which I do in the winter months if I do not keep it at my Mom's out on Long Island 22 miles away.

The good news is, that there are a lot of racers here on the R3 forums. They part out their stock pieces like the fairring. You can probably find some replacement body work in no time for a much better deal. Good luck! It's hard not to be mad, but at least you weren't in a bad crash and harmed. Only your bike was harmed and it can be fixed. Definitely check out the For Sale and Parts For sale sections for bikes being parted out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea Ima look into getting some sliders and maybe some type of security.. if my next home doesn't have a garage which it probably won't I will most likely end up getting a storage unit.. There only like $50 a month but you only have access to them 7am to 7pm

·
Registered
732 Posts
Yea Ima look into getting some sliders and maybe some type of security.. if my next home doesn't have a garage which it probably won't I will most likely end up getting a storage unit.. There only like $50 a month but you only have access to them 7am to 7pm
That sucks. That's the awesome thing about living in NY-most everything is 24-7. ****, I can almost anything on Amazon Prime and get it delivered within 2 hours-so awesome.

I highly recommend the Scorpio. I got the dual system. The Ride system and Secure system. The former is the data system and the latter is the alarm.
It only costs like $12 a month for GPS tracking and SMS/Email alerts. Costs like
$400 but well worth it and you get an insurance discount.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts