Yamaha R3 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
You shouldn't need a filter wrench to tighten the filter. In fact, that's a bad idea. I have been changing oil in vehicles for 35 years and have always hind tightened filters, and mo more.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You shouldn't need a filter wrench to tighten the filter. In fact, that's a bad idea. I have been changing oil in vehicles for 35 years and have always hind tightened filters, and mo more.
I too, never use a filter wrench. In fact just the other day I had to utter all sorts of made up curse words trying to get a stuck oil filter off from a box truck. The solution was to hammer a screwdriver in there to gain leverage.

I was only curious as to why it wouldn't tighten any further so I tried using a filter wrench and it still wouldn't budge...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Glad to hear it! Odd that a Bosch filter wouldn't work. I've only ever used the OEM filter so I wouldn't know but you'd think a Bosch one would be fine.
Yes, it's funny because I couldn't see any significant difference between the two.

Now, I just have to solve all the dam rust on my bike...winter salt takes its toll on cars/bikes here... :D

21 - 26 of 26 Posts