Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested to know what approach you guys use when washing and polishing your bike. Do you use any specific products or brands , or do you just use the traditional soap and water approach and then oil and lubricate the necessary areas.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've been using S100 for many years. You just spray it on and immediately rinse it off with a hose. It is amazing! Takes all the dirt, oil, bugs and whatever right off. Safe for all surfaces that I've used it on. Afterwards a quick towel off and lube the chain and I'm ready to go.

Marc

·
Registered
761 Posts
I always wash a cold bike to not crack any hot components with a cold blast of water. I wash with car soap/wax like I would a car. I then dry with a power dryer similar to this... After I dry with the blower, I start her up and get her a little warm to dry off anything else that is on the engine/muffler.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Trying to figure out how to wash my bike without water since it's illegal to use a hose to wash a car or bike and if I take it to those manual places the bike would be hot so I would have to wait for the bike to cool down and they aren't the safest to wait around in. So I'm just lost as to what to do.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Trying to figure out how to wash my bike without water since it's illegal to use a hose to wash a car or bike and if I take it to those manual places the bike would be hot so I would have to wait for the bike to cool down and they aren't the safest to wait around in. So I'm just lost as to what to do.
Many spray-on, wipe-off cleaners will work fine. I use Windex, then a polishing spray (Lucas, I think), final wipe down, good to go. For wheels and tires, something with more 'soap' in it. Lots of paper towels.

Do not use Armorall on tires, btw!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I just use Formula 22 spray and rinse.

But I do use my car acrylic coat/polish (Klasse) on certain part of the plastic that tend to get dirty.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Blackfire wet diamond sealer every few months. Bike stays pretty clean unless you get caught in the rain.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Couldn't find it on amazon. All I found was black wet diamond polymer. Not sure if it's the same thing.
I get it at detailed image or autopia.

They usually have sales on it during holidays. Labor day, Memorial Day, etc.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just wipe with a microfiber cloth to remove all the dust after every ride. When it gets bug splats I just use a wet microfiber cloth to get the dried on crap off then wipe with another dry one. After riding in the rain just using both a wet and dry microfiber cloth I have been able to keep my bike looking brand new. Keeping it in the garage also helps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.