Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested to know what approach you guys use when washing and polishing your bike. Do you use any specific products or brands , or do you just use the traditional soap and water approach and then oil and lubricate the necessary areas.

·
Registered
33 Posts
*just want to piggy back this post if thats ok

In regards to washing the matte grey r3 because ive heard u need to take specific care etc

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've been using S100 for many years. You just spray it on and immediately rinse it off with a hose. It is amazing! Takes all the dirt, oil, bugs and whatever right off. Safe for all surfaces that I've used it on. Afterwards a quick towel off and lube the chain and I'm ready to go.

Marc

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would say be careful i got water around my tank and it got by the ignition and the key wouldn't go in anymore afterwards ..

·
Registered
199 Posts
I use Meguiars Quik Wax. Just spray and wipe really, easy to use and R3 fairings aren't exactly time consuming to clean.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Trying to figure out how to wash my bike without water since it's illegal to use a hose to wash a car or bike and if I take it to those manual places the bike would be hot so I would have to wait for the bike to cool down and they aren't the safest to wait around in. So I'm just lost as to what to do.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Your bike should be fine to wash while hot, after all bikes are designed to be used in the rain. If components that got hot cracked every time you rode in the rain it wouldnt be a very good bike now wouldnt it?

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Trying to figure out how to wash my bike without water since it's illegal to use a hose to wash a car or bike and if I take it to those manual places the bike would be hot so I would have to wait for the bike to cool down and they aren't the safest to wait around in. So I'm just lost as to what to do.
Many spray-on, wipe-off cleaners will work fine. I use Windex, then a polishing spray (Lucas, I think), final wipe down, good to go. For wheels and tires, something with more 'soap' in it. Lots of paper towels.

Do not use Armorall on tires, btw!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I just use Formula 22 spray and rinse.

But I do use my car acrylic coat/polish (Klasse) on certain part of the plastic that tend to get dirty.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Just purchased that , doesn't look like it will hold many uses though. Going to be taking my bike out soon from storing it away from the cold season.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Blackfire wet diamond sealer every few months. Bike stays pretty clean unless you get caught in the rain.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Couldn't find it on amazon. All I found was black wet diamond polymer. Not sure if it's the same thing.
I get it at detailed image or autopia.

They usually have sales on it during holidays. Labor day, Memorial Day, etc.

·
Registered
197 Posts
WASH - Ride really fast in the rain.
DRY - Keep going when the sun comes out. ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just wipe with a microfiber cloth to remove all the dust after every ride. When it gets bug splats I just use a wet microfiber cloth to get the dried on crap off then wipe with another dry one. After riding in the rain just using both a wet and dry microfiber cloth I have been able to keep my bike looking brand new. Keeping it in the garage also helps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts