Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's boyfriend just bought a new R3. New rider!
He is taking a training course. Unfortunately he went for a ride and at very low speed tried to turn and dropped the bike. Now it won't start. There is no serious damage. He hoped the front turn light through the fairing.
I thought it was some safety feature. When I tried to start, it sounded like the solenoid wasn't engaging the starter motor.
under the seat you can hear the solenoid but thats as far as it goes. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Not sure if this bike has a tip sensor or not, have you tried completely turning off the bike and turning it back on? That would reset that sensor. Outside of that I'm not really sure, could be a fuse or wire that popped loose but that's unlikely in an easy spill.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Check kill switch and make sure it is in the ON position.

There is a tip over sensor on the very back of the rear sub frame. Make sure to turn ignition off completely and then back on again.

Those are the two possibilities if you are not hearing the fuel pump.

The bike will also not start if it is in gear and the kickstand is down. Or, if the kickstand switch was damaged and the bike"thinks" the kickstand is down.

What side was it dropped on?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree with others fully cycle ignition.

Dumb questions, with the key to the on position, is the gauges even displaying anything, and is it showing in neutral :). It's not in first or heck any gear with the kick stand down is it, even with the clutch engaged.

lights coming on etc.?

Is it even trying to turn.. What is the battery voltage?
Have you tried to roll it and pop it into gear to fire up.. *if you ride you might want to do that. and make sure the ignition kill is on not off :)

Hope he is ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts