Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking in... After test riding Kawi250, CBR250, CBR300, Duke390, and the R-3 my wife liked the R-3 the best. Our local Yamaha dealer wanted $5200 for the used one they has, so we jumped in the truck and drove from Rapid City to Florence, CO and picked up a new one for $3999!!!

She's been practicing around the neighborhood for the past week. I'm hoping when she leaves for a conference next week I can steal it for a few days.

I currently own:
2013 KTM Duke 690-R
2010 Honda VFR1200F
2008 Yamaha Zuma 50

Past Bikes:
2005 Honda CBR500RR (Raced in the UtahSBA)
2007 Suzuki GSX-R600
2007 Kawasaki 250R
1998 Honda CBR900RR

I taught MSF for several years in Salt Lake City, and was super active in the race community until I moved to the Middle East for almost 5 years.

Current R-3 Mods (Purchased, but not installed yet):
Woodcraft Spools
Graves Frame Sliders
Graves Undertail

·
Registered
389 Posts
Welcome. Love your area of the country. Used to go to Sturgis every year when I was riding Harley's. Last year I went was in 2008 on my GSXR 1000. Best riding was after everybody left after rally was over.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm just over in Gillette, hit me up some time and let's go for a ride! I just got my wife a ctx700n from rice Honda, so we will be itching to go on some good rides together after she does the msf. I should add that I haul crude over here so my schedule kind of sucks, usually off on weekdays although that should change by next month.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Also love that area. Myself and a bunch of buddies tow our Zuma 125's out there every year and have a blast. Our group gets bigger and bigger every year! Super micro mini sturgis for scooters!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts