Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Anyone using blind spot mirrors? Where is it optimal to be placed?
Any pics.
I added these. They work really well for seeing whats close. They probably cover up to about 10 feet behind me in the side lanes.

These will do nothing to help with seeing far behind you, only to the side/rear.

They do not hinder seeing what's behind you on the rest of the OEM mirror. The area covered by the convex mirrors shows your body anyway.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I added these. They work really well for seeing whats close. They probably cover up to about 10 feet behind me in the side lanes.

These will do nothing to help with seeing far behind you, only to the side/rear.

They do not hinder seeing what's behind you on the rest of the OEM mirror. That area shows your body anyway.

I've installed mine but like you said it doesn't help for long distance also I might have messed up with the position, now it hinders regular viewing. I like your position of mirrors.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mirror-Exte...ash=item3ac3a77dba:g:DIsAAOSwd0BVzLTo&vxp=mtr

I have these and they work amazing..Now i actually use my mirrors, i used to ride either with them folded up or wouldnt even use them. If your seriously considering buying something to help you see like a bigger bike these are the things to buy.
Thanks but it seems costly to me. I will check if I can place the mirror stems alone from Suzuki Gixer SF (locally available model) which has longer mirror stem and same set up as R3.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
Blind Spot Mirror

Looking into it today and came on here to see what's up with better mirrors.
I'm looking into blind spot mirrors like the title says.
This is not a inexpensive set up. I have there levers there very nice but at a cost of $172.00 a set of two

http://www.constructorsrg.com/mirrors/blindsight.html

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have never seen this on a bike before, I would hope that everyone always looks over there shoulder to see there blind spot.
These never replace a head check. That said, when cruising along and somebody is slowly overtaking me, I see them in the mirror long before I see them without. It's just another tool. Where I have them positioned, I loose nothing as I only see myself in the inner sections of both mirrors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts