Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 r3 I'm pretty new still to mods. I have the full yoshi r77 exhaust, I know I need the PCV. But from what I've read it shouldn't hurt the bike riding it like that without having it tuned yet. But I'm wondering if I should go ahead and get the block off plate now since it's cheap or just wait until I get the PCV and do it together.

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have the same exhaust and just sold the bike. You might as well just do them at the same time, same access. If you arent going to get the PCV soon then just do it runs a bit better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same exhaust and just sold the bike. You might as well just do them at the same time, same access. If you arent going to get the PCV soon then just do it runs a bit better.
Looks like it will be around 600 for the PCV and tune so I won't be getting that anytime soon but wdym by same access? Sorry like I said I'm still pretty new to this. I did put the exhaust on myself but that's easy stuff lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you are hearing your exhaust popping and banging on de-acceleration? Then, I would fit the blanking plate, no noise?? Then wait until you have the PCV

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have the same exhaust, no PCV or Bazzazz (yet), but I did do the driven block off plate. It's not that much work (sportbiketrackgear.com has a great video how to) and I hear popping on hard decelerating only, I would recommend installing block off.

·
Super Moderator
1,316 Posts
You can just unplug the air pump in the mean time, I think. You need the block-off plate to remove the dead weight.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If he gets to the point where he can unplug the air pump, might as well install the block off plate while he's at it.

It is extremely easy to do the R3. Just follow the install procedure from sportbiketrackgear (just youtube it). You don't even need to fully remove the tank. I'd recommend waiting until you are about 1/3 gas left in the tank, will be easier if you intend to follow the video and just move the tank back a bit onto a rag.

All popping will be gone but the trade off is you will have a noticeably stinkier exhaust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts