Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Super Moderator
2016 Yamaha YZF-R3
262 Posts
The PAIR Block Off plate is required for Full Exhausts, if you have a slip-on or OEM exhaust, not required. It will not improve performance really, I install them on all bikes regardless just to clear up clutter around the bike.

· Registered
53 Posts
I agree with NinjaBraap, if you are looking for better performance with a full exhaust then you should block off the PAIR.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The PAIR Block Off plate is required for Full Exhausts, if you have a slip-on or OEM exhaust, not required. It will not improve performance really, I install them on all bikes regardless just to clear up clutter around the bike.
yes, my yamaha r3 got a full exhaust system... if i install a block off plate, is it ok if i use my bike as my daily bike & for a long ride?

· Registered
53 Posts
The PAIR system is used to add extra air into the Catalytic Converter to help burn un burned fuel in the exhaust system. If you no longer have the Cat then there is no need for the extra air. If you still have the Cat then you may want to not block off the air. I hope this information helps you understand how the system works.

Reactions: cornerslider

· Registered
2020 yzfr3
35 Posts
The Pair valve does not provide any performance gain with or without it. You block it when going full system to stop the loud popping on deceleration. It happens because the pair valve is injecting air into the exhaust to burn unburnt fuel. Its only purpose is for emissions. You don’t hear the popping with the stock system because of the cat. You can leave it unblocked with a full system if you like the popping. Block it if you don’t. Again does NOTHING for performance period.

· Super Moderator
2016 Yamaha YZF-R3
262 Posts
yes, my yamaha r3 got a full exhaust system... if i install a block off plate, is it ok if i use my bike as my daily bike & for a long ride?
If you have a full exhaust, you need a PAIR block off plate. The systems it removes are purely Emissions Control Systems, and are only required for sales by dealers of new motorcycles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts