Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having dealt with a stripped screw on the air box, I installed the BMC and NGK iridium spark plugs after class today. No dyno runs (yet) but the "butt-dyno" on a quick freeway run tells me the bike is more responsive and a little more bark when I get to the shift light.

I'm running the Yosh R-77 full exhaust with block off plate/BMC and new plugs. Bike sounds great, but I know the Bazazz fi is needed for best gains. Still, very happy with the R3 after 1 year and 1200 miles:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Having dealt with a stripped screw on the air box, I installed the BMC and NGK iridium spark plugs after class today. No dyno runs (yet) but the "butt-dyno" on a quick freeway run tells me the bike is more responsive and a little more bark when I get to the shift light.

I'm running the Yosh R-77 full exhaust with block off plate/BMC and new plugs. Bike sounds great, but I know the Bazazz fi is needed for best gains. Still, very happy with the R3 after 1 year and 1200 miles:)
Are you using any type of fuel management system?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not at the moment, I'm hoping to get a Bazzazz fi in May as I know it's best for realizing the (few) HP gains. I can hear a few "pops" on deceleration now, but nothing compared to this other R3 on campus that has full Yosh without the block-off plate. If you are considering taking the dive into exhaust mods, get the fuel mgt. system as well if you have the funds. But, if you have to go in stages, get the block-off plate + full exhaust at first (the block-off is pretty cheap, and not too hard to install).

I won't lie, I was more focused on making my bike sound better (much better in my opinion) than on power gains.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts