Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I received my 2016 R3 today. I bought a salvage bike to turn into a mountain/track bike. The body was in worse shape then I thought it would be, but that's ok for what I'll do with it. Here are some pics from today. Starting with it showing up in my buddy's truck from Georgia.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Am I missing something? The only damage in the pics are by the passenger seat on the right side....why the salvage title?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what do you mean mountain/track bike? Do you mean twisty/track bike?

Subbed to see more progress on the build
Yes, sorry, the twisties I ride are up in the mountains! Gotta love East TN! This first tear down was to assess what I needed immediately as I didn't want to do everything at once. I'll probably do more now up front then initially planned.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Am I missing something? The only damage in the pics are by the passenger seat on the right side....why the salvage title?
All it takes to salvage some bikes is scratching 3 plastics. However, the swingarm (hard part) is scratched, the fairings are all damaged, literally not one made it out. All four headlight mounts are broken out of the headlight, the fairing stay is tweaked, the left clipon is bent, both levers are damaged, left engine cover is scraped, etc. It's quite a bit.

·
Registered
304 Posts
All it takes to salvage some bikes is scratching 3 plastics. However, the swingarm (hard part) is scratched, the fairings are all damaged, literally not one made it out. All four headlight mounts are broken out of the headlight, the fairing stay is tweaked, the left clipon is bent, both levers are damaged, left engine cover is scraped, etc. It's quite a bit.
OK, I know the plastics being damaged can cause the insurance to total out a bike. I think you got the best "salvage" bike ever...good for you and keep posting pics of your race build, those Graves parts are sweet!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sweat, I'll be buying the S20 EVO's too when I toast the stockers. I replied to your reply on my post. Try to make it down to Tally in May with her.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweat, I'll be buying the S20 EVO's too when I toast the stockers. I replied to your reply on my post. Try to make it down to Tally in May with her.
We'll see what the calendar will allow lol! I may head to NCM for the April 29-30 weekend with Midwest, but haven't decided on that yet. Road Atlanta will have to happen, either STT or N2 most likely and I haven't looked at dates yet.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Little morning install before heading to the office and staring at tax returns...

Pretty straight forward having done this on my I4s in the past, however I did greatly appreciate the writeup over at www.yamahar3racing.com

1 - 20 of 62 Posts