Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I wish my introduction to the thread was a more cheerful one.

Defying my girlfriend and the stay home laws I decided to take my R3 for a spin today. Was literally hundreds of feet from my house and tried to wheelie, looped it and now she's in a sad state of affairs. Damage is mostly cosmetic, as you'll see, but upon inspection there's a hose that's disconnected from something (not very knowledgable about engines, although that's clearly going to change sooner than later). I was hoping you all would be able to help me diagnose this. There's also a piece for the pillion seat that's busted up and I'm not 100% sure what piece it is on the diagram. I'll include images of course.

Let's just say that I've definitely learned my lesson and will not be attempting wheelies or defying my girlfriend for a while.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
I have a link to a schematic and parts below. That's a 'evaporative canister' part of the Emission/Fuel system. Part #69 If you care to, it can be by-passed. There's several good videos describing how-to if you'll look it up in a search.. The link I have pulled up will allow you to put in the correct year of your bike and look for the other parts. Good Luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! From what I've seen it doesn't seem like that hose in the red circle doesn't go to that after all, correct? If it is attached to something normally what is it? ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thank you! From what I've seen it doesn't seem like that hose in the red circle doesn't go to that after all, correct? If it is attached to something normally what is it? ?
I can confirm that is normal, at least mine is like that too. I believe that part just vents to the atmosphere. No need to "bypass" it unless your just looking for weight savings. Heck your not only doing the environment a favor by leaving it on but your saving every last drop of fuel you pumped into that gas canister! Evap cans are quite efficient at what they do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Appreciate the reply! I had looked at a few videos of people working on their bike and had noticed that it's normal thankfully. I've got almost all the parts I need to get this back to oem glory. Thank god for this forum ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I got a little too much chip on my dip haha I think I'll save the wheelies until I get a super moto ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts