Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a recommendation of what I could put on my stock rear set foot pegs to stop chewing up the bottom of my left boot? It seems that my boot is wearing right before the heel on the bottom from shifting gears. The pegs are some what rough and was trying to think of something to coat it with because at this pace my left SMX6 boot will be warn out on the bottom within 2 years.
Has anyone else experiences this issue? Thanks!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Duct tape!!! What are you doing to wear it out? If it wears out in 2 years it's an excuse to get a new pair of boots :)

Alternative is to to contact Alpinestars and see if they have a viable solution or give them feedback for SMX6v3

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
139 Posts
But the good news is now you get to buy new boots! :)
(I'd kill for an excuse to 'need' new gear... "But honey!, of course I need these $400 Sidi boots!... I mean, look how fast my Alpinestars wore out!")

·
Registered
228 Posts
So far *touch wood* I've not had any issues with my Alpinestars SMX6v2, I've even plodded around walking through the streets in them :)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I'm not even sure how that's possible. I found the stock pegs to have very little grip, and my boots would slide so much in the rain that I sharpened the little teeth with a file.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can repair any damage to your boot with "Shoe Goo" - available at Walmart and online. My track bike has extremely sharp rearsets and this stuff fixed the hole that was developing.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
You can repair any damage to your boot with "Shoe Goo" - available at Walmart and online. My track bike has extremely sharp rearsets and this stuff fixed the hole that was developing.
Shoe goo is awesome stuff. I've used t to repair skate shoes, make ghillie suites, and repair boots. Seen it used to repair track boots using the penny trick. If I were repairing soles, I would reinforce with some rubber.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Switch out your peg with the FZ07's. It has rubber padding on it, unlike the R3 which is just grated metal. They swap out easily (at least in theory it does since many FZ07 owners switch out the pegs to R3s, so guessing the reverse is true).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does anyone have a recommendation of what I could put on my stock rear set foot pegs to stop chewing up the bottom of my left boot? It seems that my boot is wearing right before the heel on the bottom from shifting gears. The pegs are some what rough and was trying to think of something to coat it with because at this pace my left SMX6 boot will be warn out on the bottom within 2 years.
Has anyone else experiences this issue? Thanks!
You need to get better boots, I have RST TracTec Evo's and have never experienced this issue

·
Super Moderator
1,391 Posts
Switch out your peg with the FZ07's. It has rubber padding on it, unlike the R3 which is just grated metal. They swap out easily (at least in theory it does since many FZ07 owners switch out the pegs to R3s, so guessing the reverse is true).
So who's going to pony up their green backs first to try this out? >:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am going to use some shoe goo on the pegs and ill keep u posted. It should give a nice grip without having the metal points digging into the boot. If that doesn't work il switch out the foot pegs with FZ-07s!
Thanks for the recommendations guys!

·
Registered
346 Posts
You do realize they gave you the shoe goo idea to fix the sole right? Haha, just wanted to check before you ruin a perfectly good peg...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts