Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
really at a loss right now. My bike was sitting for a week and went to go ride and both my brake light and blinkers just completely **** out and stopped working. All oem original. Thankfully the headlights and cluster still work as it was dark before I realized but does anyone know what could be the issue? 2018 r3

·
Registered
6 Posts
really at a loss right now. My bike was sitting for a week and went to go ride and both my brake light and blinkers just completely **** out and stopped working. All oem original. Thankfully the headlights and cluster still work as it was dark before I realized but does anyone know what could be the issue? 2018 r3
Possible the fuse blew, it should be under the main seat.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yeah, check fuses. Or it could have moisture built up in one of the wiring connectors which will either dry itself out or will need to be found and dried.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Headlight fuse is separate from the auxiliary lighting / signal fuse ... but all that and more is on that same auxiliary lighting / signal fuse.

How did you "check" those fuses? Opening the fuse cover and looking from outside ain't gonna cut it. You have to actually pull the fuse in question out of its holder and look at it.

Next question is a tough one. WHY did the fuse blow.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you have a DVM (Digital Volt Meter), they usually have a continuity test which can check if the fuse is blown or not. sometimes it is really hard to see if the fuse is blown or not so best to test it to be sure. if it is blown, some DVM will have a Amp meter also rated for so many amps, make sure your meter can handle the circuit load. You can put the Amp meter in place of the fuse that blew, if it did blow, and see what current it is drawing. You may have a short somewhere in the circuit which will just keep blowing fuses. If the fuse did blow you need to find the source that blew the fuse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you have a DVM (Digital Volt Meter), they usually have a continuity test which can check if the fuse is blown or not. sometimes it is really hard to see if the fuse is blown or not so best to test it to be sure. if it is blown, some DVM will have a Amp meter also rated for so many amps, make sure your meter can handle the circuit load. You can put the Amp meter in place of the fuse that blew, if it did blow, and see what current it is drawing. You may have a short somewhere in the circuit which will just keep blowing fuses. If the fuse did blow you need to find the source that blew the fuse.
I agree, Ive personally looked at a fuse and thought it was okay- it wasnt.
If no Volt meter, you can also try swapping with a known good fuse, of same value, and see if it works.
If it still does not work replace the fuse you borrowed, and make sure IT still works... to make sure ur not just popping fuses, possibly due to a short?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts