Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just curious to anyone here that had installed sintered brake pads with the stock rotors and what the wear results are. I've read that only certain rotors can handle sintered pads.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Modern bikes use stainless steel rotors and can use sintered HH pads. Put some on my 300 Ninja with great results. Getting some off eBay from Taiwan from a oem supplier to PGO, one of the worlds largest scooter and small motorcycle manufacturers. The stock organic pads have no stopping power

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Modern bikes use stainless steel rotors and can use sintered HH pads. Put some on my 300 Ninja with great results. Getting some off eBay from Taiwan from a oem supplier to PGO, one of the worlds largest scooter and small motorcycle manufacturers. The stock organic pads have no stopping power
Ummm - yeah - a few of us are racing using stock pads.
http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/761-spears-racing/58818-spears-racing-new-lap-record-miller.html
(check first post in that thread for a demonstration of lack of stopping power).

I have a set of aftermarkets I'll use when the stockers are done, but for the majority of R3 users, the best bang for the buck is to upgrade front brake line to stainless braided - this will improve brake feel significantly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts