Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who use Riding shoes/boots is it normal that they give a diff. Feel on brake pedal? Compare if I use a sneakers I can control/moderately apply rear brake but with stiff soles it mess up my sense I can't actually feel the brake pedal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Your body adapts to anything. Yes, it is much more difficult using full on motorcycle boots with all pedal applications. But after a few hours your body will adapt.

When I got new boots, my issue was/is always shifting. But after a few rides I normalize.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Just don't use rear brake anymore lol. I honestly can't remember the last time I've used the rear brake.
Yeah, for real. Squids, newbies, and ex-dirt/newly minted street riders want to jam on the rear brake which is like 20% of the braking power hence the disc size/1 vs 2 discs rear to front/and caliper size, obviously. When i got into my accident, instead of going over the handlebars I jammed on the rear brake to slow down and to drop it so I'd slide into the vehicle rather than hit it square. But yeah, riding boots can be like ski boots. Hence, I mostly wear "riding shoes." I have a pair of Joe Rockets, Alpinestars Faster boots and TCX boots, which I wear casually, and ride with yet still have protection. I have one set of proper riding boots by Alpinestars but forgot the model-theyre kind of ugly and its like you describe even broken in-they are my winter boots. You have little feel and gear/brake manipulation is awkward but like the guys said you adapt and make due. I'd look at some TCX boots-great value, good protection, excellent feel and really good looking unless you a staunch boot practitioner.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I stay away from riding shoes because while you do get better feel, you lose a lot of actual support. I get used to the loss of feel when I wear my work boots but with my AStars roam boots, they actually have good feel without losing support. Plus they are waterproof.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea got the TCX X-Move WP looks great but still adjusting to it's stiffness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts