Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

I have sort of a silly question. I purchased my bike about 2 weeks ago and I took delivery last Wednesday. When I went to check out the bike the mechanic that did the overview with me told me the fuel was treated and essentially ready to be stored. I did however run the bike and rode 2 miles in a parking lot before storing. Is there anything else I should be doing? Or is the bike new enough that I don't have to worry about prepping it. I know we are almost approaching a new riding season.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
346 Posts
You should be totally fine, your short 2 mile parking lot spin won't hurt anything. The only thing that might need monitoring is your battery, but if you are only letting it sit another few weeks it should hold its charge no problem. Your fuel would likely be fine sitting for a few weeks too, but that isn't an issue since you said the dealership added stabilizer. If anything your short ride helped mix the stabilizer in properly ;)

Seriously, don't fret too much! The only problem you are going to have is having to wait to ride it, ha!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should be totally fine, your short 2 mile parking lot spin won't hurt anything. The only thing that might need monitoring is your battery, but if you are only letting it sit another few weeks it should hold its charge no problem.

Seriously, don't fret too much! The only problem you are going to have is having to wait to ride it, ha!
I appreciate the reply :). I honestly have been overthinking it more than I probably should. I did pick up a Battery Tender. And yes it's become painstakingly hard waiting to ride but I know it'll be well worth the wait.

Thanks again!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts