Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My name is Julie, I am 25 years old and today I bought my first bike, a 2015 Yamaha R3 :D I made a deal with my husband that I will not ride it until I do my motorcycle safety course and so I must wait another week until I can throw a leg over. This is going to be the longest week of my life!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is awesome, good idea to wait until after the MSF course, welcome to the forum!
Yeah, I made a promise to my husband but I fully understand it and would rather go through the course and learn than jump on a bike without much knowledge and get hurt. :) Waiting is hard, but I will spend it polishing my bike, turning it on and playing with the lights and everything. Silver lining, I have a beautiful bike to look at :D

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Yeah, I made a promise to my husband but I fully understand it and would rather go through the course and learn than jump on a bike without much knowledge and get hurt. :) Waiting is hard, but I will spend it polishing my bike, turning it on and playing with the lights and everything. Silver lining, I have a beautiful bike to look at :D
Congrats!

The week would be a perfect time to read the owners manual and watch some motorcycle safety videos like those linked to in this thread.

http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/618-...some-great-videos-advanced-safety-skills.html

NOTE: they aren't really advanced skills. Just basics.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Great!!! Another chick on a bike. If you live on the coast, what great rides you can have up and down it. I might have to make a trip out there to do that, as I have a friend who lives in San Diego and family in Monterey. Be safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts