Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on a few rides this weekend and did a bit of work on it.

I threw the radiator guard I got from eBay. had to run to lowes and get some mounting hardware for the install but it was very straight forward.

Tried to install the bar ends but realized Sho Gun must've sent me a faulty set. Frame sliders and spool went on fine just a few weeks ago but the bar ends seem to have been cut incorrectly. I've attached some pics. I figured I could cut them and fix it but if they could send me a replacement set id rather go that route.
Factory bar end
IMG_5887.JPG
Sho gun
IMG_5888.JPG

IMG_5891.jpg

First ride was on Saturday to get the bike close to 600 miles for the break in service. Met the kid who bought the last 390, same one I was contemplating getting. Turns out he's my buddy's neighbor and he joined me on the ride. Fun to have someone to ride with.

After the ride I got home with 550 on the ODO and stashed her in for the night. I called the dealership to knock out the service but they couldn't get me in until the 20th and I'm heading out on a 400ish round trip ride to Bend, OR and back this weekend so i figured I'd knock it out myself with the peace of mind.

On Sunday, little over 2qts of oil, reset the oil trip meter, shift light, adjusted clutch cable ran through bike, everything seemed fine. So I decided to hop back on and went on another 60ish mile ride.

I still have the stock exhaust on (gotta love unforeseen expenses) but man I love the sound of the engine over 7k. Really can't wait to get on over 1000mi to really open her up. Enjoying the bike more and more everyday I ride out and hit the twisties...

Coming back from the second day's ride I got stung by a bee on my inner thigh. Pulled over and dropped the pants to make sure it didn't hit any major arteries then jumped back on and finished the ride home. Forgot how much sting those little bees have.

So far all is good with R3 and don't see myself upgrading anytime soon if at all.

IMG_5908.JPG
IMG_5897.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
I put the same cheapo radiator grill guard on my bike and it's actually holding up very nicely. I hooked the two top tabs on the top of the radiator and then used some small black zip ties to connect the bottom. No additional hardware needed... worked out great.

I can't help with the bar ends. I went with the Womet-Tech bar ends from TST Industries and they're not cut like that. They're just cut flush. It causes them to twist when rotated but it doesn't bother me and it's no noticeable when riding.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts