Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I have a 2017 Yamaha R3 ABS version from Australia. I wonder if I can upgrade my front brake with the Brembo kit from Hard Racing? Will it fit my bike and can I still use the ABS? Thank you.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Since you're wanting to keep the ABS you for sure won't be able to use the braided line in the upgrade kit. I wouldn't know if the stock line would work with the Brembo caliper either. Another problem could be clearance of the Brembo caliper and the sensor ring for the ABS; just guessing at a possible problem, I really don't know.

Contacting Hard Racing would be your best option for a definite answer, but since the US just got the ABS version of the R3 this year it's likely they don't have their hands on one to test.

Wish I could give you a better answer.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Can you snap a pic of your current caliper and wheel?i have the Brembo and we can compare to see if it would interfere with the sensor. As for the lines, I've seen people with abs still use SS lines, at lease from the caliper itself to one other portion of the ABS system.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello,
I just took abs out to have an SS line... Between the lines that you see (on the caliper and on the cylinder) you have 2 hard lines and some boxes to fit on the regular lines. They go down near the injection under the tank.
I don't answer really your question but if the oem line doesn't fit on the brembo caliper you won't be able to keep the abs.
You can see the parts on the floor, that's the abs lines and boxes :)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts