Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I'm from Vietnam. Right now at least 3 R3 bikes in my group had broken the bearing (2MS-E6350-00). When it happen, the bike can not disengage anymore.
So anyone else in the world have the same problem?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello All,
I'm from Vietnam. Right now at least 3 R3 bikes in my group had broken the bearing (2MS-E6350-00). When it happen, the bike can not disengage anymore.
So anyone else in the world have the same problem?
Hey can you let us know at what km it happened approximately? And also do you guys race or has the bearing given any signs before it broke?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Tri, welcome to the forum!

Racing??? Good god, you must be kidding. Have you ever seen the traffic in Saigon?

I'd be surprised if you can ever get the bike past 2nd gear with the wall-to-wall mopeds stacked with chickens and plumbing supplies.

I can't imagine there are any racing tracks in Vietnam. Unless the economy has really grown that quickly since the last time I visited 8 years ago?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Nankov: We use the bike for city drive not for racing. One bike, the ODD <9000 km, broke 2 times. No sign before it's broken.
@Endopotential: We have one new race track near Saigon now.
I have pictures but can't upload due to new member

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just get back from China, where Google can not be used.
Just want to update some picture
postimg.org/image/3tdno7eyj/
postimg.org/image/nep9hxb3v/
postimg.org/image/g21wcsgaj/

We suspect that the Rod is the problem, so only replace the bearing is not "100% repair".

·
Registered
810 Posts
Just get back from China, where Google can not be used.
Just want to update some picture
postimg.org/image/3tdno7eyj/
postimg.org/image/nep9hxb3v/
postimg.org/image/g21wcsgaj/

We suspect that the Rod is the problem, so only replace the bearing is not "100% repair".
I was actually wondering about this. The bearings Inside Diameter (ID) is larger than the rod. Not sure why that is though. To my non engineering self, it would seem to make more sense for it to fit snugly inside the bearing so it can't move around inside the bearing and cause damage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts