Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!! Been riding here in San Diego for about 1.5 yrs... 7700 miles. Almost got into my first wreck. Saved it, but hit a curb @ 60mph. Broke/cracked both rims. Anyone know where I can replacements? Thanks

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Ebay if you're lucky or buy new from Yamaha.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
That's not even that bad. I expected them to be a lot more. I looked on ebay recently and only saw one set of used wheels in good condition and the guy was asking close to $500 for the set. I can't remember if they came with rotors or not but still I thought that was way too expensive. I can get used zx6r wheels for like $300 a set...I sold my Ducati wheels when I parted the bike out for like $400 a set. Paying more for R3 wheels seams a bit ridiculous. I hope to find a decent set with rotors in the near future but I'm hoping to get something under like $350 or so.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Help!!! Been riding here in San Diego for about 1.5 yrs... 7700 miles. Almost got into my first wreck. Saved it, but hit a curb @ 60mph. Broke/cracked both rims. Anyone know where I can replacements? Thanks
Did you keep the bike up after impact or did you go down? That is impressive either way that you can write about it... How is the underwear?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I bent my front rim and ended up scouring through eBay for a replacement.

Came across a shop that was parting out an R3. Bought the front wheel that still had a rotor and fresh tires for $250 shipped.

Make sure to check eBay, and that FB group SoCal R3 Riders or something like that. Should be some parting out in SD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts