Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a deposit on a new 2016 r3 over the phone due to work commitments. Dealer emailed me the paper work and it states a december 15 build and compliance date.. im thinking this isnt what i asked for. Is this a 2015 or 2016 bike?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just put a deposit on a new 2016 r3 over the phone due to work commitments. Dealer emailed me the paper work and it states a december 15 build and compliance date.. im thinking this isnt what i asked for. Is this a 2015 or 2016 bike?
There is alot of skepticism in the air right now with whats going on with the new R3's because of the whole recall. I would call the dealer and ask if its for a 2015 or a 2016 and if theyre seriously sticking you to a december date i would take the deposit back and get a different bike. Try the FZ6R! No but seriously if you really like the R3 then wait, but thats gonna kill the rest of the year.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This bike was built and complianced last december.
I guess my issue is you can call it a 16 but when i go to sell it the next buyer will call it a 2015. So i guess im asking is can i say no i want one built / complianced in 2016
Dealers are addressing the recall issues before selling, at least thats a positive. Im thinking because i screwed the price down they are trying to offload an older bike.

·
Registered
169 Posts
This bike was built and complianced last december.
I guess my issue is you can call it a 16 but when i go to sell it the next buyer will call it a 2015. So i guess im asking is can i say no i want one built / complianced in 2016
Dealers are addressing the recall issues before selling, at least thats a positive. Im thinking because i screwed the price down they are trying to offload an older bike.
Well it might actually be a 16. Plenty of vehicles are made at the end of the year prior. Look at the style or send a picture, it is most likely a 16' but then again i havent seen it, the styling differences between 15 and 16 models is noticeable. If its a 2015 then it does affect the price, maybe a 100-500 max. In the end you are the buyer, tell them what you want and dont buy a motorcycle if its not exactly how you want (within reason).

·
Registered
810 Posts
Build date is what is listed on the VIN tag. The title will determine what "model" year it is. It is very common for manufactures to have a 2015, or what ever year build date, and have it titled as the next years model.

Auto manufactures will have 2017 models in this November. Don't linger on what the build date is. As long as it is the color you want, at the price you want to pay, that is what matters.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I guess my issue is you can call it a 16 but when i go to sell it the next buyer will call it a 2015.
That is absurd. The questions and answers you see on this site are nothing short of incredible. The misinformation and crock of sh*t replies beat out the questions.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey bird. I feel my question is legit lol which answers are you oppsed to.. or easier. Whats your opinion to my question? Thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well, always make sure that what you thought you were buying and what you agreed to buy are the same thing.
Once that's sorted, the only thing that changed between model years was the colors offered, so if it's the color you want, I wouldn't worry. As mentioned, vehicles are sold by model year, not the year they were manufactured in. Everything has a lead time, so vehicles assembly for a given model year always begins well ahead of when the model is planned to be released, so that they actually have them available for sale on that date.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts