Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Uploaded some new posts to the site...

Unboxing the Akrapovic Carbon Fiber Slipon exhaust:
http://www.yamahar3racing.com/2015/07/akrapovic-carbon-slip-on-exhaust-for-yamaha-r3-first-glance/

OEM exhaust weights:
http://www.yamahar3racing.com/2015/07/yamaha-r3-oem-exhaust-weight-headers-muffler-slip-on-heat-shield/

I machined a batch of my Chaos Theory Racing rearset risers today. They look awesome! I'm super stoked...finally a real riding position and GP shift (ya ya, I know some of you have been rocking Satos or Arashis for awhile :p). These have 6 adjustments, 85mm or 100mm up, and 50mm, 65mm, or 80mm back. I also ordered some longer shift rods from Woodcraft to test so I can include the proper size with the set. I just have to get them anodized and they'll be available. I'll try to take care of that next week. I'm going to get a few done black first. Do you think I should get some done in Yamaha red or blue? I was thinking black or silver would look best, and save the color for the heal guards, what do you guys think? Price will be $85 shipped with the longer shift rod. The stock shift rod can be used with the Annitori Quickshifter which was cool.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of stuff in the way of moving the rearsets on this bike, as you guys with aftermarket rearsets have figured out. I plan on removing the rear brake reservoir and using a SBK reservoir kit from AGG Racing:
http://www.aggracing.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=66
It's less than $20 and will just make everything cleaner and easier.

I also removed bracket that holds the rear brake line and removed the banjo bolt from the rear master cylinder and flipped it over. I think t-rav had to do this with the Arashis also. Be sure to bleed your rear brake if you do this.

In order to use the upper rear 2 positions, the passenger pegs have to come off or be modified, so I quickly fabricated a new exhaust hanger bracket to replace my passenger peg out of .096" thick aluminum sheet I had laying around. I could probably drill 2 more holes in this bracket and zip tie the rear brake reservoir to it, hmmm... I'll sketch up a template for this bracket so you can just print it out and trace it if you want to make one. Maybe I'll make a bunch of them down the road and put them up on the website.

Also, I'm going to remove my rear brake light switch. It may be possible to keep it by bending the brackets a little, I didn't try that hard to keep it. I just have no use for it, and I never use my rear brake anyway... You could always use a pressure style switch instead if you want to keep a rear brake light switch.

If you want to use the forward most high position, the rear brake lever must be adjusted down all the way. I notched the riser for clearance, but you still have to adjust it down all the way, which is where I would want it anyway, so not a big deal.

I plan on finishing the install of the Vortex clipons this weekend so I'll put up some more photos on that too.

Happy Holiday!!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
The Akra carbon slip on is the best looking one I've seen so far.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Awesome looking cool parts, Jesse. Yes, I did have to flip the front banjo fitting on the rear brake master cylinder. I'm definitely gonna havta get a longer (stainless steel) brake line before my first chain adjustment though.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome looking cool parts, Jesse. Yes, I did have to flip the front banjo fitting on the rear brake master cylinder. I'm definitely gonna havta get a longer (stainless steel) brake line before my first chain adjustment though.
I'm getting these anodized black this week, you still looking for 2 sets?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts