Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, do you know how I get a dealer who sell a used racing tires for R3 110/140; from a few laps on the track

·
Registered
133 Posts
Terrible idea. Track tires generally have real short lives. And are only meant for dry surfaces. The smallest amount of water/oil, manholes covers, construction plates, etc can cause catastrophic outcomes. Find yourself a new set of sticky road tires. It's worth the investment.

PS I doubt a dealer would be willing to sell you used tires. All sorts of liability concerns.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Terrible idea. Track tires generally have real short lives. And are only meant for dry surfaces. The smallest amount of water/oil, manholes covers, construction plates, etc can cause catastrophic outcomes. Find yourself a new set of sticky road tires. It's worth the investment.

PS I doubt a dealer would be willing to sell you used tires. All sorts of liability concerns.
It's pretty common for people to sell their track tyres after a short amount of use. They generally have plenty of life left in them for road use but aren't perfect for those extra seconds in lap times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's pretty common for people to sell their track tyres after a short amount of use. They generally have plenty of life left in them for road use but aren't perfect for those extra seconds in lap times.
do you know how I can find it?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Understood but, as stated, track tires on the street aren't generally the best idea. They are only meant to grip on well-groomed, clean, smooth surfaces. And take a bit to warm up, even at track speeds with aggressive cornering. And you are pretty unlikely to find a dealer who sells used tires. The potential liability concerns would be insane.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Understood but, as stated, track tires on the street aren't generally the best idea. They are only meant to grip on well-groomed, clean, smooth surfaces. And take a bit to warm up, even at track speeds with aggressive cornering. And you are pretty unlikely to find a dealer who sells used tires. The potential liability concerns would be insane.
Running "race slicks" on the street is a terrible idea... That being said, there is NOTHING wrong with running DOT race-rubber on the street. I've been running my "old" DOT race rubber for years. Best bet to find some a dealer that supports the local race circuit closest to you, and I'd bet they could set you up-

·
Registered
133 Posts
Running "race slicks" on the street is a terrible idea... That being said, there is NOTHING wrong with running DOT race-rubber on the street. I've been running my "old" DOT race rubber for years. Best bet to find some a dealer that supports the local race circuit closest to you, and I'd bet they could set you up-
I can abide this. Another option is to just hang out at a couple track days and see if anyone is looking to offload their track rubber.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts