Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in SoCal and was looking at buying a bike from Arizona with 3,000 something miles. Can this be done easily? I know an out of state bike typically has to have over 7,500 miles unless it is already California compliant. Are all r3s California compliant?

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
I'm in SoCal and was looking at buying a bike from Arizona with 3,000 something miles. Can this be done easily? I know an out of state bike typically has to have over 7,500 miles unless it is already California compliant. Are all r3s California compliant?
The R3 sold in the U.S. is a 50-state model. California doesn't get a different model, whcih means all R3s meet CARB requirements.

US models should be tagged model 2MS1 under the passenger seat

·
Registered
545 Posts
So it should be a smooth deal without hassles to register it here. That's great news. Thanks!
Just bought a car from AZ.

The tax you pay there is deducted when you register here. They will charge you a tad more. No problem.

Make sure they register you a 90 day temp tag if its from a dealer. No registration fee but small 90 day move out of state.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.