Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Can anyone in California (or better, Bay Area) give pointers to what is a considered a "normal" insurance policy for a 2015 R3 motorcycle - new rider? I know there's no one single "standard" per se, but I'm looking for where most people fall into, in terms of coverage.

My monthly premium is roughly $75 and is a little higher than I like. I don't know if my coverage is too high or out of the "normal" range.

I attached my policy for review.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys,

Can anyone in California (or better, Bay Area) give pointers to what is a considered a "normal" insurance policy for a 2015 R3 motorcycle - new rider? I know there's no one single "standard" per se, but I'm looking for where most people fall into, in terms of coverage.

My monthly premium is roughly $75 and is a little higher than I like. I don't know if my coverage is too high or out of the "normal" range.

I attached my policy for review.
I was getting a quote similar to you on All State. I'm still shopping around too. I'm trying to get a R3 2017 myself.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine is $400 yearly with Geico also. 100/300k liability, but $1000 deductible for collision, and $500 comprehensive. I'm thinking about dropping fulll coverage since bike probably only worth $3000 now. Would drop cost in half.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
How old are you? If you're under 25, new rider, living in that area, I'd say $75/month for what you have is not terrible. It's an expensive area.

Mine is like $10/month for full coverage :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
I spend like $40/mo with progressive for 100/300 - with $500 deductible for both coll/comp - got that quote as a new rider couldn't find a better deal anywhere else. StateFarm quoted me an identical rate almost as well.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I got quoted $51/month with State Farm. 100/300 and $500 coll/comp. I live in Bay Area, CA.

Was wondering if I really need the 100/300 or if 25/50/25 would be sufficient? What do you guys have?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I go bare minimum liability with no collision and added comprehensive.. i'm more worried about someone stealing the bike than someone running into me or me into them

it's about $200 per year for me with progressive

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not in Cali, but I pay bout $350 per year (before my MSF discount) on a financed R3 and got my permit and license within a week of getting the bike. Permit the week before, license the weekend after. 23 years old.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts