Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the front brake caliper mounting bolt dimensions,
Specifically bolt size, thread pitch, length of thread, shoulder length?
I am without a garage work area at this time. I would like to replace these OEM button torx head bolts with S/S hex or allen but need the dimensions to order.
Thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, however I am in Jalisco, Mexico so I need to pick something up at the bolt store here. Guess I will have to try to remove one to take it in. Problem is tool access like an impact driver to free it up.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Don’t be tempted to NOT use the impact. The risk of snapping a bolt is no longer something I’m willing to take anymore, after ruining a perfectly good 650 rim a few years ago.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I brought T50 with me from the states, harbor freight. Used it twice but the hardness was so poor it twisted like a pretzel. We have an Autozone nearby so maybe I can find a good socket there without having to buy a kit. Not common here for mechanics to keep Torx tools. Most do not even have metric tools,
I am on the hunt today for a new T50

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found a mechanic with a Craftsman Torx50. Popped right off .. ezy pzy. Local bolt store had the 10mm fine bolts with a big fat 17mm hex head. 8.8 hardness. Now ready for fresh fork oil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts