Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Newbie to MT-03/R3 world. I have a 2021 MT-03, from all I have read its the same as R3 in the engine specs and components. I have purchased a full Akrapovic exhaust system and will be getting the power commander but need a Tuned ECU to give it the extended rev range. Does anyone sell an ECU that is already programmed for an open system with an extended rev range?

Many thanks, in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would recommend getting the ecu flashed. It's cheaper and much quicker to install than a power commander. All you have to do is remove your stock ecu and mail it in. Your bike will be down for a few days but it's worth it. I would recommend someone like tst industries or norton motor sports. Just me but power commanders take a little work to install. Normally it's hard to find an ecu that is already flashed.

·
Vendor
2016 Yamaha YZF-R3
150 Posts
Hello, Newbie to MT-03/R3 world. I have a 2021 MT-03, from all I have read its the same as R3 in the engine specs and components. I have purchased a full Akrapovic exhaust system and will be getting the power commander but need a Tuned ECU to give it the extended rev range. Does anyone sell an ECU that is already programmed for an open system with an extended rev range?

Many thanks, in advance.
We offer ECU flashes and flash based on your setup. You have to send us your ECU, but it's a 2-3 day turnaround once we receive your ECU until we ship it out again. We offer a package deal as well with Velocity Stack that will add a good amount of power.

ECU Flash & Velocity Stack

ECU Flash

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much for your reply I appreciate the help if you can please share phone number so I can contact you it would be great I did have one question regarding the velocity stacks does it mean that the air filter is eliminated altogether as I had this on some of my Yamaha motorcycles before and I’m not a big fan of it to be honest with you I would rather keep the filter Please let me know how that process works it would be great .

·
Vendor
2016 Yamaha YZF-R3
150 Posts
Thank you so much for your reply I appreciate the help if you can please share phone number so I can contact you it would be great I did have one question regarding the velocity stacks does it mean that the air filter is eliminated altogether as I had this on some of my Yamaha motorcycles before and I’m not a big fan of it to be honest with you I would rather keep the filter Please let me know how that process works it would be great .
I believe I just spoke to you on the phone, hope it helped!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do have a question, I read on the website that the ECUs with ABS do not seem to allow being reflashed.

***At this time, we are unable to flash ECUs with a part number beginning with B02. These seem to come from bikes with ABS, and we are still unable to flash them to our current race spec. However, you can use an ECU from a non-ABS bike (part number begins with 2MS) in a bike with ABS and the ABS will continue to work like normal. This has been tested.

My bike is a 2021 and all the 2021 and 2022 MT-03 models come with ABS. Its not an option. If I have to opt to a 2019 or earlier non-ABS ECU, then how would such a move NOT compromise the functionality of the bike? Does not make logical sense.

Has anyone with a 2021 or later model the ECU flash here on the forum?

Thanks,

·
Registered
391 Posts
I do have a question, I ready on the website that the ECUs with ABS do not seem to allow being reflashed. My bike is a 2021 and all the 2021 and 2022 MT-03 models come with ABS. Its not an option. If I have to opt to a 2019 or earlier non-ABS ECU, then how would such a move NOT compromise the functionality of the bike? Does not make logical sense.

Has anyone with a 2021 or later model the ECU flash here on the forum?

Thanks,
For the first gen the Non-abs ecu worked fine with the abs. I would think the same would apply to the 2nd gens.

·
Vendor
2016 Yamaha YZF-R3
150 Posts
If its a non-ABS ECU, how would it control the ABS functions for braking?
Yes, the Non-ABS ECU's work just fine on the ABS models, and do not disable or hinder ABS. It's an ECU model number (manufacturer) issue, not an ABS issue. It just happens that ABS models usually have the model number of ECU that we can't flash.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts