Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am from Brazil and just fall in love for the R3:laugh::laugh:

I am getting my license in the next couple weeks, I used to ride bikes when I was 18 years old, now I am 34 and didn't ride since then.

I will take some extra riding classes, but some guys adiviced me to start with a 250cc naked, like Fazer 250.

So, as we get a small portion of feedback in Brazil due to the market for R3 is pretty small, I would like to have more senior feedback from you guys!!

The main idea of this bike is ride in the weekends for pleasure, not to hard. It will be my new hobby and I expect to not ride more than 100km per weekend.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Best Regards from Brazil!!
Jota.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Hey Jota, welcome to the forum.

Sounds like the R3 would be a perfect bike for you. It's extremely new rider friendly yet is a blast for even seasoned riders. You can consider it a starter bike that most people won't get sick of. I see no reason at all to start on a 250 and honestly, I think it's bad advice and comes from people with no experience on these 300cc bikes. There's not too much of a difference between the two. The 300 is easy enough for new riders but offers a little more grunt than the 250's so you won't be bored.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Jota, welcome to the forum.

Sounds like the R3 would be a perfect bike for you. It's extremely new rider friendly yet is a blast for even seasoned riders. You can consider it a starter bike that most people won't get sick of. I see no reason at all to start on a 250 and honestly, I think it's bad advice and comes from people with no experience on these 300cc bikes. There's not too much of a difference between the two. The 300 is easy enough for new riders but offers a little more grunt than the 250's so you won't be bored.
Hey Aeson!

Thanks a lot for your reply, it encouraged me a lot! This is the idea and also passing thru another bike will make me losing money. :-(
I was a bit confused because as I heard a lot of negative POV about taking R3 as the first bike, I was thinking about taking a small bike before, but now I am starting to change my mind!! :D

Thank you again!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Aeson!

Thanks a lot for your reply, it encouraged me a lot! This is the idea and also passing thru another bike will make me losing money. :-(
I was a bit confused because as I heard a lot of negative POV about taking R3 as the first bike, I was thinking about taking a small bike before, but now I am starting to change my mind!! :D

Thank you again!
That's strange, almost everything I've seen says that the R3 is a perfect beginners bike

·
Registered
346 Posts
Completely agree with Aeson, your friends probably suggested a naked so in case you drop it you won't damage the fairings which is a good point so just keep that in mind. But the bike is super new rider friendly and is a fantastic choice for a first bike, it was mine!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Heck yeah dude, it can be whatever number bike you want. 1st bike, 2nd, whatever....it's my 6th bike :D

Reactions: Nubster

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
your friends probably suggested a naked so in case you drop it you won't damage the fairings
Which is silly, because if you do go down with an R3 and scratch the plastics up... you can always turn it into a naked bike!
Strip it all off... and keep riding!
:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Buddies!

Thanks a lot for all your messages! I will take this one as my first bike!!

As soon as I get, I will let you guys know!!

Thanks again and let's ride!

:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
My R3 was my first bike, I loved it then and am still loving it. It's a great bike to start on, enough power to not get boring after a month but not too much that it'll bite your head off if you accidentally give it too much throttle. And the seating position is nice, not too upright where you eat the full force of the wind but not hunched over where your back will be screaming after 10 minutes, it's a nice happy medium, plus you always have the option of tucking down fully if you want, but you're not forced to.

Plus the fairings are relatively cheap versus other sport bikes....
This is very much true. Soon after getting my R3 my noob ass low-sided her and had to replace 3 pieces. The main side fairing and two of the plastic trim pieces, all together cost me less than $150. Which compared to alot of other sports bike fairings (300-500 a pop) is dirt cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts