Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be removing the stock exhaust for the first time and putting on a full exhaust system. Can the header gaskets be reused? How do I inspect the gaskets for reusability?
thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
It's recommended you replace them. However, you can re use them depending on the condition.

I pulled my OEM exhaust off and had bought replacement gaskets prior in anticipation of replacing them. The gaskets were in excellent condition so I didn't use the new ones. There is no exhaust leakage at operating temperature.

If you see any indentations, wear, change in thickness (compared to a new gasket), or contamination that can't be cleaned off, then replace them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You mean the exhaust gasket? No, don't reuse them, buy new ones.
It's recommended you replace them. However, you can re use them depending on the condition.

I pulled my OEM exhaust off and had bought replacement gaskets prior in anticipation of replacing them. The gaskets were in excellent condition so I didn't use the new ones. There is no exhaust leakage at operating temperature.

If you see any indentations, wear, change in thickness (compared to a new gasket), or contamination that can't be cleaned off, then replace them.
Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts