Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, had to create a new account because I forgot the password of the other one lol, it doesn't matter none of you know me anyway.

So, I just got back from a 3000 mile round trip from Fallbrook, CA to Houston, TX on my 2015 R3. The R3 has been an AMAZING little sports tourer! I have 0 mods that improve comfort on the bike, however, I did use some "riding boxers" with the gel attached to the butt. You can get it at Revzilla for like $35 or something.

The ride has been spectacular all the way to Houston and back. Yes my shoulders and butt did get tired after many hours of riding but I exercised at every 1 1/2 hr stop that I made so that really helped with the numbness. This little bike is unbelievably fun to do these kinds of trips. Although watch out for high gusts of wind that might want to throw you off the bike, since the R3 is so light it can be easily thrown around by these winds.

Now on to the photos (I only have a few sorry)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Absolutely love your helmet. Are those stickers?

I'm afraid to do long trips alone and my shoulders and neck start to hurt real bad after about an hour of riding.

Thankfully no back or wrist problems.

I also have a blue 2015.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Great little touring bike. Plenty comfortable cruising at highway speed. I've done everything on this bike, including nearly 1100 miles in a day. Once I can get the go ahead from the wife I am off to tour the country.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yup, this bike is decent for trips! Granted I haven't 1,xxx mile trips like you guys, I never really gotten fatigued with it when I took it for a 4 hour trip to Vegas. Love that it can keep up just fine, and go as far as you're willing to take it. Nice pics!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts