Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone more in-the-know can answer this, because I'm at a loss...
Without starting a whole new superfluous thread on tire 'A' vs tire 'B', suffice it to say I've made my tire selection. I've pulled the specs right from Bridgestone's website, and I see that they make a perfect 110/70R17 front, and an almost perfect 150/60R17 rear.
I've been to GP Bikes - they can't source them.
Royal Distributing - can't source them.
Local Yam dealer, Fortnine, Sportbike Track Gear, and Revzilla... nobody is showing availability on this size that is coming right from Bridgestone's online document.

How can something be made, but not able to be bought anywhere? What's the piece of the puzzle I'm missing?

·
Registered
433 Posts
are you looking at a race tire? some race tires are only for sale through approved vendors for example we have a guy who is a pirelli vendor who sells slicks at the race track but you cannot grab those slicks from fort nine

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you looking at a race tire? some race tires are only for sale through approved vendors for example we have a guy who is a pirelli vendor who sells slicks at the race track but you cannot grab those slicks from fort nine
The S21 is a street tire. Basically the evolution of the S20 that so many people recommend. I'm wondering if the specific size is just so new that no one has it yet?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was looking on FortNine for the S21s and they don't come in 110/170/17 and 150/60/17, they only have 120/60/17 or 120/70/17 and 160/60/17, I'm not sure if those would even work properly.

Anyone have any experience on the 120 and 160?

·
Registered
346 Posts
The s21's do come in smaller sizes I emailed their north america rep about it they come in 110/70/17 and 150/60/17 -- however they do not sell them in the North America market they only sell them overseas. I tried to bribe him to convince him to sell me a set or have bridgestone think about selling them in North America :p

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The s21's do come in smaller sizes I emailed their north america rep about it they come in 110/70/17 and 150/60/17 -- however they do not sell them in the North America market they only sell them overseas. I tried to bribe him to convince him to sell me a set or have bridgestone think about selling them in North America :p
^ This explains a lot. I guess I'm either trying to find a way to import them into Canada, or I'm relegated to the S20 evo's. Gah.

https://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.u...one/battlax-s21-front/110-70-r17-tl-54-w.html <-- proof anyway that they exist

·
Registered
433 Posts
the s20 is a great tire I have done a ton of intermediate track days and novice races on my set

1 - 10 of 10 Posts