Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Canadians Rejoice

18K views 72 replies 28 participants last post by  Justin Marshall 
#1 ·
Got the call today... my bike is fresh of the truck :D Will likely pick it up Friday

I feel for all you Americans who were supposed to get them weeks before us Canadians... Guess you can blame it all on the west coast dock strikes..

#9 ·
Wow. Congratulations. Just in time for the riding season. Unfortunately, the arrival for me living in Texas will be exactly wrong. I've decided to wait for the 2016 model. The models that come out in Oct-Jan work out best for me. My riding season is Oct-May.

#16 ·
dealer told me last week that it could be any day or a week or 2.. Got my hopes up, but got my fingers crossed for it to show up by April 1st here in California. Only time will tell.
we interupt your broadcast for this quick message from your sponsor:

I find it rather funny that we are all like little kids on Christmas eve, tracking Santa. Trying to figure what gift we are going to open first. Just waiting for everyone to wake up so that we can tear into our gifts.. Its awesome.

now back to your regularly scheduled programming. hahaha ;)

#28 ·
ITS HOME!! >:D

Took me a few days to finally get over to the dealer and pick it up, but its home!

I may write a fit/finish review shortly, not sure Ill write a ride review as this is my first street bike and dont have any other experience on the street.

Got the first one out the door from my dealer anyway.
How did the bike handle in today's wind? Was it stable or were you all over the road? :)

#25 ·
As you should ;)

It took a brand new bike to sweep the garage out? Looking forward to your thoughts on the bike!
Today 01:43 AM
Haha... I know, didnt plan my picture very well... Im actually in the middle of putting up OSB for wall board, Ill get it finished up this weekend and the new ride will have a proper looking clean home, I promise.

Truck is overdue for a wash too :D

Picked up the girlfriends in black. Waiting on the frame sliders and does anyone know of a tail tidy/fender eliminator?
I bought one from R&G Racing overseas 2 weeks ago... still waiting for it to ship. Just wait for a US distributor to come out with one it'll be quicker Im sure

#32 ·
ltz;35026]Picked up the girlfriends in black. Waiting on the frame sliders and does anyone know of a tail tidy/fender eliminator?[/quote]

I bought one from R&G Racing overseas 2 weeks ago... it just arrived today but I missed the delivery[/SIZE="2"]

I did see that one yesterday but to ship to Canada it works out to 200 bucks... Way too much for a piece of plastic. I also saw one from Yoshi for about 150. I'll just build one myself for now until the market catches up.

#33 ·
I did see that one yesterday but to ship to Canada it works out to 200 bucks... Way too much for a piece of plastic. I also saw one from Yoshi for about 150. I'll just build one myself for now until the market catches up.
Yeah, to make the hefty shipping charge worth it you need to buy a few more items. They have some other cool stuff that wont be out for a few weeks yet from vendors on this continent. Their tail tidy is made of powder coated aluminum not plastic.

I figured because the Canadian dollar is tanking anyway vs the USD their prices in British pounds was still a value for someone impatient like me till cheaper/closer options are available. Dont forget about import taxes though if you're not going to buy within Canada, gotta love them taxes!

#38 ·
My womans R3 arrived but it's too tall for her. Makes no sense because she rode a stock Ninja 300. Seat height 30.9 as compared to 30.7 for the R3. All the reviews said the seat was narrow and easy to touch the ground. She is not happy.:(

#39 ·
Eventually someone will probably come out with a shorter seat. something aftermarket probably..

..And maybe the seat is a little wider making the legs at a wider stance when putting your feet down..? Just my thoughts.. good luck. im sure you can figure something out. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.