Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So parts finally came in. Been a long couple days getting everything set up and still have work to do!

So far I have put on a bunch of Woodcraft stuff. I am a big Woodcraft fan :)

Clip ons, frame sliders, rear sets, ignition switch delete, and stator side case cover. I also put Catalyst Composites bodywork. In the pics you will see I have my SV650 front end on it. This is just temporary until I get my R3 forks back. I sent them to @pattonme to have cartridge internals put in. The SV front end bolts right up with no modification. I wouldn't call it much of an improvement though, other than the dual front discs. I don't think the R3 really needs dual discs though. (IMO)

Taking the factory foot pegs apart was a pain though! I actually had to heat the brake pedal side up in order to get it apart. There was so much loctite on the bolt it had oozed onto the spacer washer.

While the Catalyst Composite body work fit up very nicely, it is much stiffer than I had wanted. It seems to be becoming more flexible as I move it around, but still not as flexible as what the Sharkskinz has traditionally been.

I still need to fit up the Penske shock. It is going to be wrapped with graphics though. One of our local graphics places was looking for a donor bike to test out and showcase their abilities for motorcycles. My bike is going to be their show bike.

When putting the bodywork on I had to remove one of the heat shields for the exhaust. Not really an issue, just something to be aware of. Not an issue if you have a full race system. That is the last thing to do on my upgrade list though.

If you do plan on putting race bodywork on, you will need to either keep some of the grommets and spacers for the tank and side pieces. So glad I hadn't sold any of that stuff yet so I had it around to use!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Still need to add some sponsor stickers and numbers to belly pan. I also need to put the R3 forks on. I got them back from @pattonme . They look awesome! Can't wait to give them a try.

I am going to sign up for a track day later this September and do some set up work. I ordered a bunch of stuff from @HardRacing. Some is on back order unfortunately. I hope to have it in time to put it on for the track day. We will see though.

A BIG shout out to Track Graphix and all the hard work that went into this! This is their first wrap job on a bike. It turned out awesome!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
signed up here just to say i saw your bike labor day weekend, looks good!
Thanks!

I can't take credit for anything other than asking for blue and white colors with a bit of yellow accents. http://www.trackgraphix.com picked out the design and did all the layout and hard work of wrapping.

They also do custom stickers, numbers, and number plates.

Bike just fell over in a friends trailer. Have to say the wrap held up very well. Just a couple of small scuffs. I was actually able to pull most of the areas that got torn back into place.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I did get a bit done on the R3 tonight.

I drilled all my brake bolts and exhaust nuts for safety wire. I know they don't need to be done for CCS, but if I ever do a WERA race I won't have to worry about it.

Installed Spiegler front brake lines, the Ducati 1199R brake master and bleed the front brake system. I will have to take it for a ride and see if it is going to work with the single caliper though.

Installed the M4 exhaust that showed up today and the block off plate for the air injection system. Started to get the PC V and auto tune wired up also.

I need to modify my battery box a little for the Penske. I think I have it figured out though.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts