Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, did anyone tried to change their gay sounding r3 stock horn (lol) was it difficult? I really dont like the way it sound planning to change mine's to a much louder one.

Any recommendations guys?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, did anyone tried to change their gay sounding r3 stock horn (lol) was it difficult? I really dont like the way it sound planning to change mine's to a much louder one.

Any recommendations guys?
Got a horn on Amazon: "FIAMM 72012 12 V Low Note " $14
Remove old horn and bracket, install new one in same place. Had to re-route wires slightly.
Bend bracket so horn DOES NOT HIT FAIRING!
Sounds much better, no more Meep, meep!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yep same horn as above, 5 minute install tops. FIAMM FREEWAY BLASTER

I dont think i moved anything. Just bolted it to the same spot, same wires bam. HONK HONK

Sounds like an F250 now lol. Sadly while it sounds louder I dont think its by many dB

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Installed Horn today. LOUDER for sure.

update: installed my Horn works great and loud. Then removed it to Paint the shiny metal flat black. Didn't have to move a thing except slide wire's toward horn and re attach plastic wire clip to frame. Ohh my TST lights came in today 15 min done.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I installed a "Sick-Speed" horn on one of my bikes a few years ago from Ebay; really loud and deeper than wimpy stock horn. The factory horns on all motorcycles (R3 included) are too soft and too high-pitched. The only thing worse would be a thumb bell on the handlebars!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will it have any side effect on the electrical stuff of the bike i mean having a loud horn must mean consuming more power than the stock?

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Will it have any side effect on the electrical stuff of the bike i mean having a loud horn must mean consuming more power than the stock?
No effects. Current draw is very minimal, and momentary, from any of these aftermarket horns.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Just realized on large bumps my horn is hitting the front fender, thought I had it tight but its at a slightly different orientation. Going to add a bit of lock tight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got a horn on Amazon: "FIAMM 72012 12 V Low Note " $14
Remove old horn and bracket, install new one in same place. Had to re-route wires slightly.
Bend bracket so horn DOES NOT HIT FAIRING!
Sounds much better, no more Meep, meep!
Just installed mine.. It was dark so it took me 15 mins to install.. No modifications except changing the position of the wires for the horn to have the best fit on the bike.. Sound is amazing

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oh man I want one!! In the Bay Area cars like aiming for you regardless of how hi viz you are. Since we can't really rev bomb these bikes a louder horn would be awesome.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Haha did the install this morning, super simple just bending the bracket to the right shape is the hard part.(not hard at all)
Horn sounds great and alerts other drivers. I went with the low tone 72012

·
Registered
175 Posts
Could I go to a wrecker and just grab a horn from any old car / truck and hook it up?
I believe you can. Some cars if not most only have a single wire connector. The mounting bolt provides the ground. If this ends up being your case, you will only need to figure out which harness wire provided power and then leave the other disconnected.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts