Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
The red and white looks very nice on Raven! (happy face emoticon). I'd probably have those stickers off-centered and bubbled during installation (unhappy-face emoticon).

·
Registered
717 Posts
Fuggin awesome!! Love the classic Yamaha yellow and black... But I got a blue one. LOVE the blue wheels

·
Registered
717 Posts
On a side note, one of the rims is goin' yellow (to match some of the fairings)...

·
Registered
234 Posts
I like the classic Yamaha racing stripe look; when you (FangShui) posted about removing the front fender "Yamaha" lettering on your bike, I looked at mine and noticed the first "a" in Yamaha was stuck on crooked!--like a ransom note.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sort of a retro look to those. I suppose if you want to make your new R3 look like an RD350 or an older F1 that would be one way to do it.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Fuggin awesome!! Love the classic Yamaha yellow and black... But I got a blue one. LOVE the blue wheels
I love the blue wheels, too.

I also like the look of the old Yamaha RZ350s. I owned one way back when they were current models.

Maybe you could try some graduated, tapered rim tape like this on mine...

View attachment 2649

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the classic Yamaha racing stripe look; when you (FangShui) posted about removing the front fender "Yamaha" lettering on your bike, I looked at mine and noticed the first "a" in Yamaha was stuck on crooked!--like a ransom note.
Mine wasn't on straight either and it just didn't look right. Maybe if they had made it fit the curve of the fender....

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'd have bought a Kenny Roberts edition in a heartbeat! I was try to find the signature decal for my R3 if anyone has a source where you don't have to buy the whole RZ decal kit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
That $16.16 is only for a pair of the smallest decals. To get the whole set you have to go click on the "Please select the type" box, then select "Complete Decal (Full Set)".

It's $231.00 there, plus shipping. That's competitive with kits from one of the main decal kit suppliers, Factory Effex, which sells its kits for $249.95.

http://store.factoryeffex.com/Find-your-bike_c_534-1-2.html

But, you can buy selected pairs of decals at the Japan.webbike site. Don't have to buy the whole set.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Special addition decals

Does anyone know where the R25 special edition graphics kit can be purchased for the R3?

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 55 Posts