Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like a good new owner I am reading my owners manual. It says: "To charge a Valve Regulated Lead Acid battery, a special (constant-voltage) battery charger is required. Using a conventional battery charger will damage the battery."

I have Deltran Battery Tender Jrs. I don't think they are "constant-voltage". Do any of you use a battery charger/maintainer on your R3 and what do you use?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As soon as I posted the forum showed me a list of similar posts and I found a thread that answered my question. That is pretty neat but a little embarrassing. I guess I need to learn how to search better.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Don't worry - you aren't the only one (but you caught it, so good on ya) . For the lead-acid that came with your bike, you'll be fine with the Deltran. I lived in the Pelican State for 30 years - where are you?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't worry - you aren't the only one (but you caught it, so good on ya) . For the lead-acid that came with your bike, you'll be fine with the Deltran. I lived in the Pelican State for 30 years - where are you?
Grew up in NOLA but now live in the Louisiana "Hill Country". The St. Francisville Tourism folks have started calling it that. What part did you live in?

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Shreveport, Alexandria (Ball, actually), BR, NOLA. My brother is in Algiers, so that's where I hang when I'm back for my Fest fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts