Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have come across too much close call just because people cannot see me or they dont bother to shoulder check, just wondering any alternative cheap exhaust that and make my bike louder
I have done some research, the entry dimension for r3 is 32mm which is relatively smaller than common (35mm)?
Any budget recommendation can help me to get away with 60-100$??
No enhancement on performance whatsoever

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hi all,
I have come across too much close call just because people cannot see me or they dont bother to shoulder check, just wondering any alternative cheap exhaust that and make my bike louder
I have done some research, the entry dimension for r3 is 32mm which is relatively smaller than common (35mm)?
Just cut the stock blob off the bike and go for it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all,
Just cut the stock blob off the bike and go for it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
You mean running without the exhaust tip? I thought about it but worry problems happens in long run

Have you looked at upgrading to a louder horn as well?
Yeah i have heard the stock was pretty weak, however changing it wouldnt help warning people im around as im not horning while im riding haha
But definitely i am looking into changing a louder horn too, you have some suggestions?

·
Registered
35 Posts
You mean running without the exhaust tip? I thought about it but worry problems happens in long run

Yeah i have heard the stock was pretty weak, however changing it wouldnt help warning people im around as im not horning while im riding haha
But definitely i am looking into changing a louder horn too, you have some suggestions?

I personally haven't changed out the horn on mine yet but I'm planning on doing so in the very near future. I found this thread on the forum -
http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/713-yamaha-r3-how-diy/78090-change-stock-horn.html

And upon doing some research, the Denali Soundbomb seems to be a great option. Probably the one I'm going to end up ordering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I personally haven't changed out the horn on mine yet but I'm planning on doing so in the very near future. I found this thread on the forum -
http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/713-yamaha-r3-how-diy/78090-change-stock-horn.html

And upon doing some research, the Denali Soundbomb seems to be a great option. Probably the one I'm going to end up ordering.
Thanks! Will look into it

·
Registered
134 Posts

Bought this from Lazada. When tested had my dogs barking and the wife asking why so loud.
Living out here in the country with chickens, dogs, locals riding bikes and driving cars wearing 'Welders Goggles', need something to grab their attention.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/universal-1pair-motorcycle-car-horn-12v-139db-motorbike-off-road-grille-horn-bule-intl-i162640611-s196130709.html?spm=a2o4m.order_details.details_title.1.5cde6108eVciFi

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought this exhaust system from Ebay. I also bought an M4 GP muffler for it. The exhaust was 80 bucks, the muffler 35.00. I spent another 5 bucks for a quiet baffle. It's not quiet by any means, but much quieter than the original set-up.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
You need to have an ECU re-mapping or piggyback if you remove the cat right? The increased airflow can cause your engine to run dangerously lean and potentially damage it. The factory engine runs on the lean side to help with emissions testing already.

I bought this exhaust system from Ebay. I also bought an M4 GP muffler for it. The exhaust was 80 bucks, the muffler 35.00. I spent another 5 bucks for a quiet baffle. It's not quiet by any means, but much quieter than the original set-up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all,
Riding it without the muffler won't damage the bike as all the business is handled in the cat-box before the muffler. If you don't like the look of it without one, slap a universal eBay/Amazon motorcycle muffler on it. You'll need a mid-pipe (again, universal) with a muffler gasket to make up the difference and get a good seal.

I'm in the same boat, my muffler will be here soon but with no part stores open/Yamaha Canada being closed I'm waiting for the gasket.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just an ebay tip isn't going to do the trick. If you really want to increase the sound of your exhaust you're going to need to get rid of the stock cat as well. Yes the tip will help a bit, but not enough to the point that you are looking to get. If you change the exhaust by deleting the cat you will need a tune for sure though to ensure the bike runs properly and doesn't cause any harm to it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Doing a full exhaust system with retune would be the best but I think his point of "cheap" exhaust would be rendered useless.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts