Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going to be there? Saw a few R3s in October. I wasnt at Chuck in Nov but my friends' track pics showed a few as well. I am pitting with my buddy Danny and his GSXR, and we are trying to get all the peeps active on the SSB forum and the meetup group guys/gals in one general area.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We'll be there!! We're 2WTD staff so we will be working everything from registration to tech and the TOP program.

We'll probably Control Ride 'C' group in the AM and 'A' group in the PM to work on a few things together.

We'll be pitted with the other 2WTD control riders / staff.

See you there!

-m

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
lucky californian bastards!.... track days up north here have been shut down since oct.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Have fun out there, I wish I could have made it. Let me know how it goes and post pic's , use your diablo laptimer so you know when you get that 1:59 minute lap on your R3. I'm almost there, I only need to shave 40 more seconds off my current laps. ha ha . Tell Danny I said Hi.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great pics Kojiro!! Saw you a few times out there and i think that i teched your Red R3, you had cool case savers that i still need to find on Amazon! We saw you in C group when we were out, we hit B and C groups deciding to stay out of A with a few big hitters doing one on one training out there and didn't want to slow them down with our line selection training. We did get a lot of good info from Ed Sorbo about lines not so much about suspension since you would have to drink his Kool-aid; it all made sense just tasted a little funny... Erika Rocked the R3 all day while i tried to keep up on the CBR250r; where she got me on the motor i could get her back with tighter lines and better drive out.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bob,
Good seeing you there as well, and yes you did tech the bike! Here is the case saver link. My mistake, it was off ebay and not amazon, but still free shipping regardless:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Rex-Racin...ash=item463f1e1821:g:jFYAAOSwLVZVw7ij&vxp=mtr

Last time I saw you guys was in the photography trailer but I had to leave, it was getting a bit dark and we had a long hike back home. to be honest I wasnt feeling it that day at all. Between the cold, laying the bike down at my last track, and the fact that it felt like half of C group should have been bumped up, I wasnt riding like normal lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bob,
Good seeing you there as well, and yes you did tech the bike! Here is the case saver link. My mistake, it was off ebay and not amazon, but still free shipping regardless:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Rex-Racin...ash=item463f1e1821:g:jFYAAOSwLVZVw7ij&vxp=mtr

Last time I saw you guys was in the photography trailer but I had to leave, it was getting a bit dark and we had a long hike back home. to be honest I wasnt feeling it that day at all. Between the cold, laying the bike down at my last track, and the fact that it felt like half of C group should have been bumped up, I wasnt riding like normal lol.
Thank you for the link and sorry that you weren't feel all that great. What we do when we're not having a good day, for any number of reasons, is work on one thing or one section of the track. The Saturday after Femmewalla it was so dusty that we could hardly see in sections of the track, the bowl was relatively clean so Erika and I decided to work on our line through the bowl, 12, and up to 11. Hope to see you back out there soon!!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I won't be doing another track day in chuckwalla any time soon. Getting stationed back overseas, Japan specifically. If you ever hit up Tsukuba, Ebisu or even Suzuka let me know lol. Suzuka looks amazing but the other two are going to be closer to me. I will definitely hit up Suzuka some time in my life though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts