Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is something I have just noticed.. haven't come across it on any other bike so was wondering if it just mine or something these new bike do or whatever.

In neutral at idle the revs are low. Put it in first clutch right in rev are low.. let the clutch out a bit, without touching the throttle, and the revs rise a bit...

is this normal?

·
Registered
732 Posts
No that's weird. Is the throttle sticky? I mea it's not going to be absolutely constant but should stay around 9/10ths of a thousands at 1K RPM at idle or in gear with clutch pulled in. Maybe it is some ECU issue?

I'd check on mine but I live in an apartment in Brooklyn-I garage it or leave it outside 9 months out of the year but Dec-Mar I keep it at my mother's house for free during the winter. My beloved Raven R3 is hibernating with its battery tender seveal miles away ATM.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. When the clutch starts engaging the rpm picks up slightly. Almost like an anti stall system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No that's weird. Is the throttle sticky? I mea it's not going to be absolutely constant but should stay around 9/10ths of a thousands at 1K RPM at idle or in gear with clutch pulled in. Maybe it is some ECU issue?

I'd check on mine but I live in an apartment in Brooklyn-I garage it or leave it outside 9 months out of the year but Dec-Mar I keep it at my mother's house for free during the winter. My beloved Raven R3 is hibernating with its battery tender seveal miles away ATM.
No the throttle is not sticky.. the bikes new.. just had its 1000km service.. I put some new levers on and was checking them when I noticed.. its the sort of thing you wouldn't notice normally I think...

·
Registered
49 Posts
The engine is trying to meet a target idle. When you have the clutch in, some elements of the clutch stop turning. When you let the clutch out these elements begin to move. The engine is slightly burdened by the weight of these elements and adds a little throttle to get back to target idle. My 2002 Dodge Cummins pick up truck does the same thing for the same reason.

·
Registered
16 Posts
guys it is a feature of the injection system call anti stall, as the ecu receives a signal when the clutch is being released it bumps up the idle rpm to reduce stalling, remember this bike was released after the MT07 and MT09, which had idle issues, Yamaha didn't want any issues with this one

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine does similar when in N it lower revs. Soon as it in gear and clutch released the RPMs rise slighty as it begins forward motion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts