Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Im curious how many miles are on the bike. That bearing destroyed itself. Almost looks like it wasn't properly installed by yamaha.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I also understood that he was talking about fairings.
Same thing for me, keep taking fairing off all the time for every single install, can;t do it any other way.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Someone had posted on here that this is a known problem with the R25 or R125. Can't remember which. They also listed a SKF replacement bearing part#. I will try to dig it up. It was on one of the trouble with shifting threads.

I did pick up two new SKF replacement bearings for the pressure plate. $43 a piece.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, if NOBODY else on this forum has had trouble with this bearing, then maybe it is an isolated case.
Hopefully, that is all it is.

If anyone finds that SKF bearing number, that would be appreciated.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not good to have happen, but it looks like it would be covered under warranty. Why is the guy taking it apart? It does look like lack of lubrication so maybe he was very low on oil?

·
Registered
50 Posts
So should we do preventive maintanance and change it now?.. Im wondering if all these bikes that have the problem are just in one country (maybe a bad batch of bearings) or is it everywhere.. And why Yamaha hasnt issued a recall..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Check the clutch bearing.
Known issue for R25.
Changed mine from KOYO(stock) to SKF bearing (code : 61901-2z).

This case happened for R25 in Malaysia and Indonesia. Even R3 Thailand also got the same case.
As for now, if it was happened in the warranty period Yamaha will replace it for free.
But it would take a lot of hassle if the bearing was broken due to the bike wouldn't engage to any gear!

So most of us replaced with SKF bearing (code : 61901-2z).
Only a bottle of coolant need to be replaced with(since coolant hose will be disconnected during the maintenance).
And not a single drop of engine oil involved ;P

·
Registered
199 Posts
Weird.. maybe I'll change mine just in case.

5K miles here for the past 2 months, no issues.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm wondering about the side case gasket. Is it re-usable?
The parts diagram shows it costs $32. Is it rubber, or a paper gasket?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts