Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Group,
I have been riding an R3 for the past few months.
Its run some 3600 kms till now.

Around two weeks back, while riding, all of a sudden, the clutch became free...What I mean is that it was not engaging...it was behaving like when the cable breaks..only the cable was not broken..Something had come out inside the engine...

I had no option but to carry the vehicle to the garage in a truck and thet were able to sort the issue out by evening..but unfortunately I could not find out what had gone wrong as I had to go to work...

unfortunately, the same thing again happened yesterday and again the garage guys were able to solve it by evening.

In both cases I have not been able to get to the bottom of the matter as I am not able to talk to the main technician..and I had to go to work leaving the bike at the workshop.

I was pretty insistent on replacement of the whatever is making this happen...the technician was equally insistent that it won't happen again..

I am sharing this here to know if anyone else has had something similar happen to them...

regards,
Jawed, India

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
How are you having work done to the bike and not knowing what they mechanics are repairing? If the mechanic has time to convince you that the problem is resolved, he has time to explain what he fixed.
Heck, if you can't talk to him in person or on the phone, he should at least provide you with a receipt of steps taken to repair the bike.

I don't think anyone here can do anything but guess what your mechanic "fixed". You need to ask questions and get answers.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Funny.
On the shop repair order, it says:

"Repaired faulty clutch operation ------ 1.0 hr labor"

:laugh:

·
Registered
182 Posts
So instead of of talking to the mechanic and getting straight answer what's wrong, you want us to guess what's wrong ?
Just pick up the phone and ask, or email them, or go in.
Didn't think it through, did ya ? :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Updates

Hello Group,
Apologise for the long absence. After the forum passwords were changed I had a difficult time logging in.
I was not getting the password reset email for some reason..But that's been sorted now.

Coming back to my problem.

I have had it twice in quick succession till now (500 kms apart) and now I have run some 4000 kms after the last incident. So I am assuming that the clutch issue is solved for good now.

Apparently this has happened with quite a few people here in India. (And elsewhere in the world.)

There is a very well made video on Youtube demonstrating the problem.

Cheers and wishing everyone a safe ride.

regards,
Jawed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts