Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming into turn one at the Canaan Fairgrounds Speedway I suddenly had a clutch that wouldn't re engage. Could go through all six gears and nothing. 2 minutes later it was fine. It did this several times after just one lap. I found that the recall on the clutch hadn't been done. (bought used w/971 miles on it). The recall claims that the clutch might not disengage, just the opposite of my issue. Waiting for weeks for a dealer to get parts and do the work. Anyone else had this problem? Did the recall fix it? Wringing the bike out this season i hope to race it next year. Tons of performance parts from Yamaha R3 Racing installed.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Not had that problem *touch wood* as it's a 2016 model.

Have you got a quickshifter on it by any chance? If so, could it be related to that? These things I believe do some magical stuff in shifting gears without a clutch, and it sounds like you're a track racer. Or you can check your clutch switch wires are still intact on the clutch lever and nothing has come loose ... other than that it's best to take it back to a mechanic to check.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts