Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran into a problem two days ago that made my bike unrideable. I am able to pull the clutch lever in and shift into gear perfectly fine. Clutch lever tension feels normal and not loose, and the bike shifts into gear fine. The issue is that when I let out the clutch lever, the clutch does not disengage/bite. The bike does not stall at all with the clutch lever fully let out, and it does not move either. I tried slightly adjusting the clutch lever cable via the adjustment knobs on the handle bars, but it didn't help the issue.

I took apart my clutch, inspected the friction plates and pressure plates. Everything looks good and there are no signs of much wear, if at all. I was thinking it was the bearing in the pressure plate, but it has already been replaced. Oil and oil filter has recently been changed as well.

My R3 has 3,875 miles on it and i've had it for about over a year. I never ran into this issue before. Any ideas?

·
Registered
15 Posts
My apologies. I meant the clutch is not engaging properly. I used the wrong term.
I have the exact same issue, unfortunately, it seems like I am going to have to go through the steps you have gone through. Any advice on what was the cause of the issue? and how did you rectify it?

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ran into a problem two days ago that made my bike unrideable. I am able to pull the clutch lever in and shift into gear perfectly fine. Clutch lever tension feels normal and not loose, and the bike shifts into gear fine. The issue is that when I let out the clutch lever, the clutch does not disengage/bite. The bike does not stall at all with the clutch lever fully let out, and it does not move either. I tried slightly adjusting the clutch lever cable via the adjustment knobs on the handle bars, but it didn't help the issue.

I took apart my clutch, inspected the friction plates and pressure plates. Everything looks good and there are no signs of much wear, if at all. I was thinking it was the bearing in the pressure plate, but it has already been replaced. Oil and oil filter has recently been changed as well.

My R3 has 3,875 miles on it and i've had it for about over a year. I never ran into this issue before. Any
Make sure arm where cable connects is way back when putting cover on I had issue with mechanism inside cover itself the activator pulled right through basket cover

1 - 7 of 7 Posts