Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are wondering what they will be doing to your beloved bike in this recall, watch this video. It is on a R25 but it should be pretty similar to an R3, and from Indonesia (so dont expect to understand a word of what they are saying) but the video is pretty grafical so you will have an idea of what they will be doing to it.
I love the torque wrench he uses in 8:11.......:( I'm scared, I will be dropping by bike tomorrow afternoon to the dealer I brought it from. Hope they are a little more carful with the torques.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_pS833FF9E&spfreload=5

·
Registered
389 Posts
Id say that was not the 1st one he's done. But, he didn't use a new gasket so makes ya wonder about anymore shortcuts.

Reactions: matrix22

·
Registered
135 Posts
Torque wrench much? Mechanic put greasy fingers on every clutch plate and synchro. And scratched fairing with breaker bar. Lesson learned, diy. Not the recall, future maintenance.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Too many of those shop mech's are hacks. Especially in those 3rd-world countries.
I'm not happy about having to take my R3 to the dealer for the recall.
I want the re-designed parts for reliability, and the dealer has to do the recall work.
So nothing I can do about it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today I took my bike to the dealer. They were kind enough to show me a bike they were doing the recall. At least the mechanic seemed to know what he was doing and he had a pair of torque wrenches in the table, one for the clutch nut and a smaller one for the rest....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And the clutch bearing looks a lot stiffer than the original. Once you see the pumps gears they do look different than the originals

·
Registered
326 Posts
Too many of those shop mech's are hacks. Especially in those 3rd-world countries.
I'm not happy about having to take my R3 to the dealer for the recall.
I want the re-designed parts for reliability, and the dealer has to do the recall work.
So nothing I can do about it.
Could be worse. Look at the current gen R1 recall for example.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Could be worse. Look at the current gen R1 recall for example.
Yes, I seen videos of this. The engine has to come OUT of the frame, and it's almost completely disassembled.

They did one at my local dealer. It's a big job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts