Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it common for brand new bikes to have a stiff clutch will it get softer the more mile I put into it? My left hand is killing me, dexterity last only for a short while and it get sore after every ride. If i change it to a aftermarket lever will it help with the stiffness? Every time I shift I always pull the clutch all the way to the handle am I doing it wrong? Sorry for asking a lot hope someone can help shed light to my questions. Peace!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
Dosn't sound right to me the clutchs on these bikes are as light as feathers,go and compare it with another one at your dealers if they've got one.If you really want to know what a stiff heavy clutch is like go try a pre hydraulic clutch Harley,then you'll know what stiff is.

Reactions: Stirz

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats gonna be a problem cause there's only two person who has this bike where I live. One is me and the other I haven't seen yet nor do know him. The local dealer doesnt sell this type of bike I had to get mine in another town.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thats gonna be a problem cause there's only two person who has this bike where I live. One is me and the other I haven't seen yet nor do know him. The local dealer doesnt sell this type of bike I had to get mine in another town.

Is it far ? sounds like a good excuse to take a ride to me.:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Depends on your definition of far 2 1/2 hrs ride by car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That I do not know, but if you ask how many miles I have already log in my bike it's 11 miles. lol Im such a noob

·
Registered
406 Posts
That I do not know, but if you ask how many miles I have already log in my bike it's 11 miles. lol Im such a noob

Well we all had to start once mate.I saw on another thread you posted on one of your neighbours had a 600 you could always ask him to try your clutch and see what he thinks,or failing that keep your eye open for the other guy in your area.Good luck with it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a little pain mainly left fingers in the beginning. I do a lot of shifting as I ride in a small city with lights and stop signs. The next week it seemed less a problem. Anyhow I bought some CRG levers that allow you to adjust the reach and the blades are wider and rounder. They aren't cheap but the fit perfectly. Got them in standard length from Hard Racing in North Carolina for $169 the pair. List is $218. Very well made and the tips can be replaced after a minor tip over

1 - 11 of 11 Posts