Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I have a 2016 Yamaha R3. So let me get down to the point… so today I was riding my bike like any other day and some idiot pulling out a bank cut in front of me and made fall! Bike landed on its left side and bent the clutch pedal in, I managed to get it somewhat back out and rode it home was hitting the gears somewhat ok but after I got home I tried taking it out again but wouldn’t go past 2nd gear, please need some help on how to fix it I’d appreciate any input thank you

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've done the same and that thing is a PITA to bend back into place. It might be an issue with the linkage running between the pedal and the gearbox. Buy a new gear lever and linkage and slap those bad boys on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've done the same and that thing is a PITA to bend back into place. It might be an issue with the linkage running between the pedal and the gearbox. Buy a new gear lever and linkage and slap those bad boys on.
I would second this. I had the exact same issue years ago on my first Yammie (XS650). I tried bending things back but I just couldn't get it quite right. Eventually I just ordered a new pedal and linkage and that was way easier. waste of time screwing around with the bent stuff for me personally. certainly it can be done. but how many times do you wanna take it apart to mess around with it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts