Yamaha R3 Forums banner

CMP October 7 2017 Wet Track Day

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  s102000 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I totally hear you. After the first session, I was going to pack up and go. My friends said, you're here, you can learn a lot in the rain. I stayed the whole day. I ran the whole day. When the weather cleared for just enough time, I got a bump up to B class and was putting really good lap times down. My poor leathers.

#5 ·
Riding in the rain is fun in its own way. Sucks to be soaked, but that's why they make those suit covers for that all the races where in wet races (still need to get me one of those). You can learn quite a bit in the rain, and if you have rain tires you'd be amazed how much grip there is in the rain still!

Reactions: matrix22
#7 ·
That afternoon session is basically dry! Definitely good enough for slicks. Here's one from my most recent time in the rain. Racing with CCS at Road America on the ZX6R. Rained the whole time but after the first couple of laps it really started downpouring pretty hard. On the straightaways the rain drops were actually stinging my neck which was a bit of a weird feeling lol. My rear was pretty worn out on the right side unfortunately. Got a bit of a warning on the first lap at 1:45 when I lost the rear end, so I took it easier in all the right hand turns after that.

Reactions: matrix22
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.