Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you wih Coffman slip-ons, have any of you played with the sound baffles?
I installed mine tonight and wanted to play around with it to see what sound I liked best. The instructions are limited at best in terms of how to remove the baffle.

I pulled the snap ring and out comes a thin washer and the metal insert at the end. Now, on videos showing baffle removal on other bikes (like the Ninja 300), there is a screen attached to that end piece when it's removed. The exhaust I installed tonight does not have that screen attached.

What does Coffman consider the removable baffle part? Is it just the end piece inserted and held in place by the snap ring, or is there more to it than that?

The instructions make it clear to only remove the baffle and not the inner core but without pics, I have no idea what they consider the sound baffle on this particular slip-on.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep that's the sound baffle. It does muffle it a bit but I like it without way better.
Thanks!!!

When you took yours out, did you put the snap ring and washer back in? The instructions say to do that but when I did, it rattled and made absolutely no sense to me

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wasn't going to remove my baffle for fear of losing too much back pressure but after seeing there isn't even any packing attached to it I'm definitely taking it out. I already love the way it sounds so let's make it even better!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Alright so I removed it yesterday and I'm pretty happy with it. It backfires like a mother ****** now when engine breaking... I love it lol. I did put the snap ring back in but not the washer. According to the instructions you can remove the inner core to make it even louder, I don't want that blowing out while I'm riding so I figured leave the snap ring. I don't notice any rattling since its tighter than the washer.

Were any of you able to turn the billet tip? I took the three screws out and tried pulling and twisting with all of my might and couldn't get it to move at all

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
The two pieces in the picture are all that came out of mine and i believe all that can come out of the Coffman R3 version.

Great sounding little muffler for the price though. I never hears it with the baffle cause the first thing i did was take that out along with the ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts