Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the look of the Coffman slip-on, and the fact that it eliminates the rear foot peg and bracket.
My concern is that the unsupported weight will damage the end of the header pipe over time. Even 2 or 3 lbs. can create a lot of leverage when going over bumps etc.
Anyone noticing a problem?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:rolleyes:
I have one and it's really really light. It gets attached with a rivet too so there's really no issues that you should be worried about. It's a very small slip on compared to others out there.
Good to hear.
The other option is the Akrapovic, but it looks like a pop can. :rolleyes:
Where did you get yours?

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
I was a little worried about it being unsupported and I've kept a close eye on it this past Summer.
It's still solid as a rock and I've had absolutely no problems with mine.

I have been asked for more info on the bike by numerous people because they love the sound of it. I've always thought it sounded good but I only have the perspective as the rider. When I dropped the bike off for the recall work, I got to hear the mechanic start it up and ride off across the parking lot with it. That's when I really began loving the exhaust. It sounds great on this bike!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:DThanks folks, Coffman it will be.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
I don't know if I would order from there. I actually drove there and it's a pretty sketchy looking small place. Not exactly confidence inspiring! Could be 'here today, gone tomorrow'. Just order direct from the Coffman's site. I had no problems and it arrived in Canada quickly. I think they even honoured my request to ship USPS to minimize the duty. FedEx is okay too, just NOT UPS.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know if I would order from there. I actually drove there and it's a pretty sketchy looking small place. Not exactly confidence inspiring! Could be 'here today, gone tomorrow'. Just order direct from the Coffman's site. I had no problems and it arrived in Canada quickly. I think they even honoured my request to ship USPS to minimize the duty. FedEx is okay too, just NOT UPS.
Thanks for the "heads up".
You're right about UPS - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1 - 12 of 12 Posts